Monday, May 19, 2008

Our New Blog




Well since I can't seem to keep up with my emails and phone calls giving everyone the updates on us, the kids, the house, etc- I figured I would start our blog and let everyone check it when they want to. Now let's just hope I can continue updating this!


First off, things at home with two kids is going well. It's a big adjustment, but we've got somewhat of a routine down and thank goodness Olivia is such a great kid because if she wasn't it'd be harder. She's getting used to Jackson and his needs, but we've been making special time for her and I think that's been helpful. She still likes to do things with just us, but has really warmed up to Jackson and absolutely adores him. She often sings to him when he gets fussy and tries so hard to make him feel better. His reflux isn't easy on anyone, but she's been such a trooper.


One of my favorite things is when she will randomly come to me, give me a hug and kiss and say, "Love you, mommy". Just out of the blue, no reason whatsoever. She is such a great girl- and although I enjoy watching her get bigger and more independent, I look at Jackson and I realize how fast it really does go by.


Olivia is 90% potty trained. She goes all by herself in the potty at home, has even used a public bathroom (yuck!), but she obviously needs a pull up during naps and bedtime. I'm ok with that- but having her potty trained before Jackson came was a goal and I'm so glad she was on board with it. We give M&M's as "prizes" but she doesn't even want one most of the time anymore.


Jackson is getting SO big! He's six weeks old and we can tell he's gaining weight and getting longer. At his two week appointment, he gained one pound and grew 4 inches!!! That's amazing. But he also eats every two hours, almost 4 ounces so he's quite the eater! :)

OK- so I will post some more pictures and more updates soon. Keep checking back!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Your blog looks great Sara!!! I am so far behind on mine...maybe yours will inspire me to get mine updated soon!!! Glad to hear that things are going well!!
Sheryl

scrapperjen said...

Keep us updated! Take care and I'll be checking in!

walshylover said...

where are the pictures?? lol... thanks for the update pal!

xx0hDangStephxx said...

ahhhaaaaa.
it's funny cuhz i know what those pumpin things are for ;).
lol i can't believe she wanted to help. thats crazyyy :)
love you cousin sara!
Stephanieee

Sourav !!! said...

Great to see your family together .. you are blessed with such wonderful kid and an equzlly good-looking husband !

May you be happy always .. and there not be any difference between your desires and accomplishments :)

Love,
Sourav.
In love with me and life