Well lots of things in our house this week:
1. I went back to work Full Time on Monday- very sad day for me. When I had Olivia I couldn't wait to get back to work and resume my other life, but now with Jack I really dreaded it. I think because I look at Olivia and every day she looks more "grown up" and I'm afraid I'm missing things. God knows I take enough pictures to remember all of these fun times and the changes they go through, all of their milestones, etc but somehow I still feel like I miss something. Although I know working makes me a better mommy since I can provide more for them and do things for and with them that I didn't have as a kid. And I think the thing I most value about my mom is that by watching her work hard as I grew up it made me more appreciative of the things that we had and I hope that my kids see that when they get older too. Until then, I'm at work every day at 7:30 a.m.
2. I got my new hair 'do! I will post pictures on that soon- but I got it done yesterday. I was super nervous because I had never been to that salon and didn't know what I wanted- but thankfully I got a really good colorist and stylist, it came out great. But to keep you in suspense... I didn't get much cut, just a trim, but my hair has copper and lemon streaks. Sounds crazy- but it looks cool. :)
3. Matt is almost done with my new garden bed. We've been building a bed with a retaining rock border and we bought the rest of the block and now he's using the adhesive stuff on it and soon, very soon it will be ready to plant in. I have no idea what's going in there- but at least it'll be ready when I get an idea.
4. I'm trying to come up with an idea for Father's Day to do with Matt. I'd like to do something other than sitting at home and it has to be something the kids would like too. We'll see if I can come up with any good ideas..
5. Our 4 year anniversary is next Thursday the 12th. He hasn't mentioned anything- so we'll see if he remembers. :) And nobody call him to remind him!!! I'd like to go out to dinner maybe Friday night, without kids, but I don't know yet. We'll see.
6. Our summer vacation is planned, mostly. We're going to the Twin Cities the 3rd weekend in July (Saturday & Sunday). David & Valerie Pace are gracious enough to let us stay at their home Saturday night to save us the cost of a hotel. THANK YOU!! We're going to Como Zoo on Saturday and it's undecided yet- but on Sunday we're either going to the Children's Museum or the Science Museum. That might be a last minute decision. But we're planning to leave the big city Sunday after lunch- so the kids will *hopefully* nap the entire 2.5 hour trip back. We are so excited to go since we can't afford to go any farther away- this will be a nice weekend to look forward to.
7. I'm having my yard sale the weekend before our trip so if you know anybody looking for girls clothes (size newborn-2T) and boys (newborn - 3/6 month) or scrapbooking stuff- let me know. I'm also going to be selling camping equipment, a baby stroller/car seat combo, an umbrella stroller, children's books and toys, stuffed animals and a few other things. I still have a ton to sort, but we'll get there. :)
OK- that's our update for this week. I'm going to post more pictures this weekend probably- stay tuned!