Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July

OK- this will be a HUGE post, lots of pictures to put on here. We had a jam packed day with lots of fun!

First, we did the parade in Superior. It's usually 4 hours long, and after 2 we left because we were all hot and hungry. I also got super sun burned again. It wouldn't be the 4th of July unless I was sunburned during the parade. It's just tradition:


Olivia didn't understand the concept of running out to get candy- but she ended up with a few pieces. The bigger kids pretty much took it all. Luckily- a few floats were giving out popsicles, so she got one of those which was GREAT because it was like 90 degrees easily.

After that, we did Happy Meals and cooled off at McDonald's and went home for naps. Once everyone woke up we headed over to my parent's house to do a BBQ and some more pool time.





Then my brother Travis came home and brought out fireworks that he had. Olivia was so excited to see her Uncle, so I was able to grab one quick picture of them:


Then after lighting a bunch of duds at my parent's house- we walked about 7 blocks to where the fireworks are lit in Superior. These were Olivia's first fireworks and she loved them. Of course, none of my firework pictures came out because of my funky flash. But Olivia kept saying that the fireworks were "burping" because of the noise. But it worked out great to have her in her pajama's and put her to sleep as soon as we got home. The worst part of the day- the MOSQUITOS!! They are seriously out of control. We were all pretty well sprayed, but it's like they could care less because the swarms were awful. Have you seen the movie The Birds? Well it's like that but with mosquitos. Totally gross.

And that's it- another Independence Day come and gone, but this is the first year that we've done something together as a family. And poor Jackson slept through the entire thing. :)


1 comment:

allena said...

Whew- you DID get some sun, huh? Heehee... I forgot about the parade there. It's weird seeing your brother as an adult. I guess you would think the same about Tony. Oh, and I LOVE the pic of Jackson with the shades! Too cute!! Glad you guys had fun!