and this is the best picture I could get of Jackson in his costume. He REALLY wanted to be on the ground!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
It's your old house, pal! The old garage is gone, and they built another one that's like 3x the size, sorry no picture of it!
Our High School! The building itself is still the same, but the grassy field to the left of this picture (can't see it) was where we used to go for outside gym classes, but now it's a parking lot for students. Remember getting ready for Spartan Camp a week before we started our freshman year?? LOL.
OK, so my deep dark secret is that I'm a vandal. :) LOL. Remember vandalizing the tube slide at the park by my mom's house? It's still there!!! LOL! OK, so the glow in the dark glitter paint is gone, but it stained the slide. And as you can see- kids tried to burn the inside of the slide, but our initials survived! S.K (those are my initials) <3's>
Let's see what else reminds me of my first best friend?
1. The song playing on my blog- everytime I hear it I remember walking from Allena's house past the ghetto mall, past the oil refinery to my house which is clear across town. Not to mention, we walked when it was like over 80 degrees wearing big sweatshirts (it was cold when we started) and somewhere along the way, we picked up a hub cap, a 2x4 chunk, some cat tails, and started singing this song. I'm sure cars driving by thought we were nuts, and we probably were!
2. Alternative Nation on MTV. Man, I miss that show! Remember taping the show and transferring songs onto a tape for us?
3. Halloween- We went trick or treating once (was that 9th grade?!) and she went as a witch, I wore my Poms outfit, and I forgot what her brother dressed up as- but it was fun. And freaking cold!!
4. A&W- Her mom would take us out to A&W after her brother's baseball games.
5. Enger Tower- We spent an entire afternoon flying paper airplanes off of Enger Tower once.
6. Canal Park - We picked "agates" from Canal Park and used clear nail polish to make them shinier. I think we went through two bottles of polish before we realized the rocks just soak it up. But at your dad's or Grandma's (can't remember which) we'd JAM OUT to Smashing Pumpkins' "Zero".
7. Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan- Remember we had HUGE crushes on Billy? God, everytime I hear Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness I remember you.
Oh pal. I wish you were still here, but I'm glad that you are happy where you are. I'm bummed we didn't get to spend more time together (which maybe is a good thing... god knows what we would've gotten into!) but maybe one day we can visit each other! You were such a wonderful friend, and you still give me great advice. I'm glad we connected by email after all these years!
Sara the Super Beetle
(Do you remember YOUR nickname?) :) LOL!