Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Wow- can you believe that 2009 is finally over?! Although we didn't do any real celebrating last night, we stayed up (Matt and I) to flip between Fuses' Top 40 of 2008 and VH1's Top 100 Hard Rock songs. Both good shows, on at the same time. But we got through most of the lists and called it quits around 10 because we are no longer used to staying up that late! We usually hit the sack around 8 since we get up early in the mornings now. Such exciting lives we lead. :)

But I was lucky enough to get a ton of stuff done around the house- always a good way to start the new year. Most of you who know me well know that I go through "funks" periodically. And in these funks I do meticulous cleaning and purging. Well, I'm in a funk. I have thrown out, recycled, or put in the yard sale pile SO many things. I think Matt's sick of hauling stuff out to the garage- he's getting "the look" when I tell him I have "just one more pile". :) But it feels good to make room and re-organize. I have lots of plans for organization in this house this year- let me tell you. Matt doesn't know it yet, but his "to-do" list has grown tremendously!

Also in 2009 my new goal is to get some decent lighting in the kitchen. I have one, yes one, ceiling light that is incredibly junky. The fixture is nice, matches my new one in the dining room- but it doesn't provide nearly enough light to do anything well. It's pretty much just there for looks at this point. My mom & Grandma pointed this out to me several times over the Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner prep since we were on the verge of breaking out flashlights! :) LOL! I might even convince Matt to go to IKEA with me to get some new upper cabinets. My kitchen was built for a tall person, not someone who is only 5'3. So much to do.

BUT- our biggest excitement in 2009 will be our trip to Florida. We have no idea when we are going, it's depending on my Uncle Danny & Aunt Ginger's vacation- but I'm still excited. :) We are going to drive down there- and with the grace of god we'll get there in one piece. For those of you who don't know- driving with Matt is like taking your life in your hands. Lisa can attest to this (remember the ValleyFair trip, Lis??). He can't follow written or oral instructions and he gets road rage easily. I'll probably do a lot of the driving since I can handle idiots on the road and my trusty GPS thing and I have bonded over many trips so far. :) I love road trips, but I'm a little bummed we won't have time to check out America's finest side of the highway attractions. I heard there's a bunch of weird ones in Kentucky. :)

Well that's all for now. Soon I will post pictures of the Christmas unwrapping extravaganza and some updated ones of Jackson. He's got two teeth and working on a third..

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

Happy New Year! Sounds about as exciting as our evening. :)
I can't wait to see your pictures.