Thursday, February 19, 2009

Damn you, eBay

I've decided eBay is the same as compulsive gambling. It sucks you in until you have no money left. Or maybe that's just me. :) But in this week alone, I have bought three Cricut cartridges on eBay. It starts out as a .99 bid- and you QUICKLY get sucked into a bidding war with someone and even if it's just a mediocre cartridge, you feel entitled to it. How dare this other lose bid on MY cartridge?! So ou bid higher, and higher, and finally you win. Granted, I got ridiculous deals on all three of them (the highest I paid for one was $24. Woo hoo!). But the point is that I can't seem to stop. Now today, I see there is a Cricut tote for you guessed it, .99. I'm bidding. The bargain hunter in my cannot pass a deal up. Is there an eBay-aholic group? There should be, and if there isn't I can be the founding member. :) Oh well. I just have to figure out how to sell on eBay to support my eBay purchasing addiction!!

3 comments:

The Treadler said...

A hearty, "Hear, hear!" and, I've just won (I won, I won, I won, I won, I won) the drum carder of my dreams!

I defy my spouse to rain on this parade. Let it be known throughout the land that while, YES, we may be addicted to our crafts/arts/passions that does not necessarily mean that we do not know a bargain when we see it!

Pattie said...

lol, I know how you feel, last semester I spent all my food money on ebay, so now im staying far far away b/c i like food.

Oh! You're my blogger twin, we almost have the same blog name!!

Sheryl said...

Sara...the secret to this bidding war is to watch the items and then bid right at the end.