Friday, February 13, 2009

Great Depression Cooking

OK- if you need a really great website, you MUST check out this. You will meet Clara, who is the cutest lady ever. Really, she's right up there with my Grandma's. :) It is just a great site to visit, watch her episodes on cooking during the Depression. Definitely different than what you'd find online with current cooking schools but completely awesome. It just put things in perspective. Although we are in some tough economic times, it's not the second coming of the Depression, yet. I wish that there were more people like her that could mentor us young mom's becuase it's so easy to get caught up in spending money on whatever for your kids because it's the latest and greatest. I never had that as a child and although I want my children to have nice things, I know I need to check myself on spoiling. I'm guilty- that's for sure. But it's a goal of mine this year to reign that in and Clara helped me remember that.

2 comments:

Latharia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Sara! I will check that website out for sure. And you are very right ... things are nowhere near as bad as they were during the Great Depression. That era had a 25% unemployment rate ... and our worst forecast for this year is 10%, currently at 7.2%! I hate it when people are alarmist!

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

Isn't she just the cutest little old lady? Makes me miss grams.