Thursday, May 21, 2009

Poop Update, Summer Reading List- In Progress

I have gotten quite a few emails about the progress of poop in our house. Again, not something I thought would be a popular topic but thank you, adoring crowd for caring about Olivia's poop. I'm sure she'd appreciate it if she knew I was even talking about it to other people. We'll save the humilation for now.

But so far so good. She went for the two week follow up and yes- she just has severe constipation. And guess what? She never cleared out. No folks, my kid is still plugged up with poop. Of course she is. Why not? So we continue with the Mirilax but on the bright side- she's had three, yes three poops that did not explode out of her butt. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say "Yay" because that apparently is good news. Explosions are bad. And not just because I have to clean it up- which by the way- if you are looking for stock options I'd choose the companies that make Shout! Stain Remover, and Lysol Toilet Cleaners and other disinfectants. I've been buying it like mad. If those went up in value, it's solely because of our house. I'm averaging a bottle of stain remover a week at this point, and then about two bottles of the toilet cleaners a week and about 4 of the disinfectants over about a week in a half. No joke. My house is so clean and germ free at this point I'd consider having a dinner party on the floor. With food sitting on the toilet. So what are YOU doing this weekend? Stop over if you are hungry. :)

And for those of you who don't know, I have been bitten by the reading bug AGAIN. Except instead of a mild irritation and light scratching, it's full blown disease. Sorry. So I am compiling a list of books I want to read this summer. I'm going to get all smart and smarmy I just know it. I can feel my little brain cells twitching with excitement. Here's the partial list so far:

Wuthering Heights
East of Eden-John Steinbeck
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle- David Wroblewski
Beautiful Lies- Lisa Unger
The Sound & The Fury- William Faulkner
Love In the Time of Cholera- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Next Thing On My List- Jill Smolinski
Pride & Prejudice- Jane Austen

I know, right? This is all I could cram on my little 3x3 post it note. I have a whole sheet at home. now had I gone to a 4 year college I'm sure I would have had to read most of these for a literature class or something, but then I don't know if I would have liked them. I am about 60% done with reading True Betrayals by Nora Roberts, and earlier this week I finished Death Angel by Linda Howard. Do you have any good books for me to read? Post a comment and I'll add to my list! I really prefer mystery/romance, but at this point I'm open.

2 comments:

Latharia said...

Poor kid! She must be miserable!

Your reading list looks intense! :D

scrapperjen said...

I hope she's doing better!!!!!

Nice reading list - I can't wait to see what else you add.