Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Poop Weary

Well I'm sick of poop. I am actually sick of anything remotely related to poop, which includes laundry. I can't tell you how much laundry I have done since Poop Watch 09 ended and Poop Fest 09 started on Sunday. Poor Olivia- I really do feel bad for her and I have refrained from taking pictures of this horrible (and probably traumatizing) event in her life that is constant pooping. She has gone from being so full of poop that it was all stuck, nothing moving, to being basically a poop faucet. Just imagine the fun I had. I know, you're jealous. I knew you would be, which is why I hesitated posting. I apologize that you can't live vicariously through the pictures that could have been, but I figured I'd like a relationship with my daughter when she is older that is more than a"I'm nice to my mom because she's my mom but I hate her for documenting every horrible moment of my childhood" type relationship.

But it's really been bad. We had to put her back in pull up's after hearing her beg to not be a baby again. She also told me several times that she feels dirty (I'd agree- she kind of smelled bad, too) and that the pull up's were giving her a wedgie. Not much I can do there, kid. I only gave her the pull up's after it very clear that she had no warning and no control over the poop, and I had washed all 27 pairs of her panties and gone through two entire bottles of Shout stain remover. Oh- let's not mention the 27 times I cleaned the toilet and everything around it because of leakage. Not that you care to know that.

So now we're on this routine for awhile yet. We have to wait until she is entirely cleaned out (could take weeks) before we can ween her off the laxatives she's on. Yikes. Never in my life did I think I'd be cleaning this much poop- really, that was nowhere in the "Congratulations, you're pregnant" bag you get at the doctor. I'm sure of it. It should be. Nobody should go into parenthood without some basic medical training, at least.

3 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Awwwww.... :( I hope all are doing well soon!
HUGS! - hang in there mom!

The Treadler said...

Back in the olden days of my youth there was an advertisment that said, "Take (medicine name) in the p.m. for a B.M. in the a.m.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! You deserve a great one.

Latharia said...

OH, hang in there .... that sounds decidedly UNFUN!! :(