Tuesday, June 16, 2009

30/30 List (30 things before I'm 30) also known as "The Stuff I Can Say I Did In My 20's"

Normally when someone turns 30 there are two responses: A. They don't care- it's just a number, specifically if you aging well (like my good friend Lisa- you don't look a day over 25 hun!) or B. Holy Shit- I'm practically dead.

I would like to think I'm going to be somewhere in the middle. I'm only 27 (although I feel 30 already) and as I look back over the 7 years I've spent in my 20's I realize what a loser I am. Do you realize that I was married when I was 22? I had my first baby at 23? Yeah- so I never got to do the "get drunk and make an ass out of myself" phase. I also never got to do that "do stupid stuff to get it out of my system" phase either. Not that I want to do those things, mind you. But I have been kind of developing this list for awhile, but it isn't completed. Some things I have actually done knowing they were on my list so yay me- I'm ahead! But here's what I have so far:

1. Kayaking (DONE!!!)
2. Parachuting
3. Write a Book
4. Learn to Play Piano
5. Go on a girls only road trip far away
6. Snorkle without drowning (I've tried before and almost died in 3 feet of water- embarrassing)
7. Take my kids to Disney in Florida

OK, so that's lame but that's all I have. Any suggestions? need them!

4 comments:

xx0hDangStephXX said...

I Have a suggestion! Come see your favoritists cousin Stephanie in retarted Ohio :))

Together We Save said...

Not lame. I like it. I took my kids to Disney almost 2 years ago. one of the best trips ever.

The Treadler said...

Way better than my list:

1. Try to keep all my original teeth for another 5 years.

2. Stay awake through Bingo.

3. Follow-thru with those facial exercises that slow the progression of sagging eye lids (a serious matter as they are starting to impede my vision like shades on a window).

There are actually 20 or so more but you get the idea.

Amandasaurus said...

Funny you should post this now - I finally wrote down my bucket list just recently. I can't wait to see the other 23 goals you set! I would make suggestions but I feel that a 30/30 list, like a bucket list, is a very personal thing and only you can decide what belongs on it. Good luck!

p.s. But if you want ideas, my bucket list is here: http://japandamanda.blogspot.com/2009/08/bucket-list.html