Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is This Necessary?

I am all for people using their crafty talents and brains to churn a profit. I'd like to do that myself which is why I am filling Etsy shop.



But there is a point in which I have to say: Really? Like are you for real?



Today is one of those days. I found this in my Etsy email:





You may be saying- wow what bright colors. Cute patterns. Kind of looks like a fancy case for your classes, or storing your iPod in your purse. Nope lambs, it's none of those. These puppies are.... Sample Pack Moonpads Organic Cloth Menstrual Pads. I am not kidding. I don't know that I could make this up. Don't believe me? Check the link http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26977275&utm_source=etsy_finds&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=etsy_finds_072109

I don't know what is more disturbing: The fact that someone makes these or the fact that people buy these. I'm all for going green but come on. There are some lines that you don't draw. I swear to you- if I see organic tampons I am going to be sending a letter off.

7 comments:

lareinaelena said...

I'm cringing as I admit that I think they're adorable.

I would not have guessed what they are. I probably wouldn't use 'em, but really they are not that much different from cloth diapers. Keep 'em and wash 'em separately and you're good to go.

Don't worry... I won't send any your way anytime soon. ;)

Sara said...

um, there are organic tampons. I have the link in my computer. If I remember I'll comment back with it. It is a good business. I would buy them if I didn't have a dog that would think they were the most wonderful dog treat ever! yech.

Steph said...

okay...so this is totally disgusting. who thinks up this stuff? gross...

scrapperjen said...

OMG - that is insane!!! I did a full body shudder when I read what they are. Thanks for sharing????

Ann said...

Umm...yeah. I've seen these before. No comment.

Shana said...

Oh, I've used these too! They were awesome when I was postpartum with my kids. Much better than the icky, scratchy disposable pads!

Shana said...

And I guess the fact that I've used these makes me disturbing. ;-)