Thursday, July 23, 2009

OH, you definitely asked for it...

So if the last post wasn't strange enough- I found even more ladies!


Guess what these babies are???

That's right- re-usable tampons. What's disturbing with this Etsy purchase is that you get a purse sized wet bag to carry them in. Is that gross? Imagine someone hanging these on the clothesline to dry.



Oh, pull yourself together. This is even funnier. Look at it long and hard folks. Use your imagination. A cup? The top of a beer bong? Something illegal??



Nope- it's a Vagi Cup. I couldn't make this up. This one is courtesy of my good buddy Dina. You can click the titels of these fun items to get the low-down on how they work. That's if you can keep yourself from laughing. Could you see yourself using any of these things? Hauling them in your purse? "Excuse me, I have to empty my cup". I mean really folks. Going green is a good idea- but there really is a line. Gross.

7 comments:

Steph said...

My only comment is OMG...

Sara said...

You got me on the cup. That is true EW! I just can't do the sticking my fingers up my vagina in a public bathroom to get that cup out.

Maggi said...

Ewwwwwww.

If that's what it takes to go green, I'm going to start using aerosol hair spray again.

scrapperjen said...

Ewww! Ewww! Ewwwww!!!!!!

Ann said...

Earth be damned...I'm NOT using these!

Shana said...

I haven't done the reusable tampons, but I use a cup similar to that one. I've also cloth diapered and know what a "wet bag" is, so I don't find any of it gross at all. :-)

Sara said...

I've been using the cup for a few months, too. I know, I know. But seriously, it's all gross no matter what method you're using. I'm saving a buttload of money and making a buttload less trash.
There's a bit of an adjustment and learning curve, but honestly, once you get it figured out, it's no big deal. (Childbirth, breastfeeding, diaper changing...what the hell's one more disgusting thing?)
I've always planned so I wouldn't have to fool with it in public. But if you can't manage that, you buy 2. Carry a clean one in a ziploc and swap them out. And I am a major hand washer, too. So if I can do it, anybody can.

Have you seen the little plastic handheld gutter/funnel thing that girls can use to pee standing up?