Saturday, November 28, 2009

Book Review: The Arsonist's Guide To Homes in New England- Brock Clarke


The thing about being sick is that you get to do a lot of reading. And for those of you who care for a health update, I am over my H1N1, and now I have moved onto bacterial bronchitis which is, a pain in my ass. Or my chest. Whatever- either way it sucks and if this is even a portion of what death feels like, I hope I can just be trampled by an elephant to really round out the pain factor. Those around me are probably THRILLED with the fact that my voice keeps going in and out especially my kids who have been running wild since my commands of "stop throwing your milk" and "stop coloring on the carpet" are going unheard.
Anyways.
So I finished this book I found in the $5 bin at Barnes and Noble. There literally is an entire website dedicated to this book: http://arsonistsguide.com/. I think you'll like this book. It's written as if the main character, Sam Pulsifer, is speaking to you. And really this is kind of a tragic story essentially making fun of memoirs. I loved how the story unraveled and even though it's meant to be a comedy I found it to be kind of sad. I felt bad for Sam and in the end kind of felt like he always got the raw end of the deal except he doesn't think he did. So it was weird, but good.
And if I had more energy I'd go more into this. But...you'll have to settle for this. But to make up for my lack of energy- the first person to comment and say they want the book...it's yours. I will mail it to you for free. :) But leave your email address so that I can email you and get your mailing address because unfortunately, the illness has knocked out my psychic abilities. ;)

2 comments:

Green Stone said...

Found your blog from 20sb, I really like it!

That book sounds really interesting! I'd love to take it off your hands. :p
My email is dalgleish.kate[at]gmail.com

Jandy xx said...

hey hunny, hows are you, feeling better? i gave you a blog award on my blog :) xx