Sunday, January 17, 2010

Book Review: SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater

I am not going to pussy foot around this at all. This book is AMAZING.
The quick and dirty of this book is that it's set in Minnesota and is about the wolves that roam Mercy Falls. People get bitten, it's weird, but only one survived. Grace. Grace is obsessed with the wolves but mostly one in particular. They watch each other. Then one day the wolf is temporarily a human. And oh my god- one of the BEST love stories. Seriously. I can't even give this book enough praise. I finished it in under 7 hours and it was the best 7 hours I've had in quite a long time. The descriptions of the characters emotions is spot on. You feel like this is really happening to you. Like you are Grace. I love how the chapters bounce back and forth between Grace and Sam's perspectives. It's like you always know what they are thinking. And feeling. It's amazing. And I am not going to lie- I started crying. Like hysterically crying at the end. SO, if you happen to get this book, do not read it before you get your period. Because it will make you a mess. And then I get all mad at Matt because he isn't this guy. *sigh*. Eventually I might realize that the guys in these books aren't real. But maybe they are and I just don't know it yet!!
Right. So you should read the book. It's so worth it. This is definitely an author to look out for because she did a GREAT job on this book. What I also love about Maggie (and here I'm talking like we're besties..HA!) is that her website for the book has a pop out player with songs that were written for and inspired by Shiver. You know what that means? Fabulous music. My favorite. Go HERE if you want to read more about the book, listen to the music, etc.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome book! I absolutely loved it and agreed with everything you said. I will be posting my own review on my site later this week! I absolutely loved it too!

Progressive Momma said...

I'e been looking for a new book to read- currently reading The Blind Side...way too much detail about football. I'm sold!!! Thanks!