Monday, January 18, 2010

Really? You really couldn't find anything better??

Let's be clear that I am all for saving a buck. Especially on non-essential items that yeah, you really want it but no, you don't really need it.

But this? Hi. You need seat covers. And although I took this picture in the Target parking lot in October...I hope this guy had a better plan for the winter. Because sitting on stretched out trash bags in the middle of winter PROBABLY isn't going to work out so well. And I don't know if you can tell but he has totally removed his back seat. Like it was gone. So was his other side mirror, both front and back bumpers and there were no discernable lights on the vehicle. AND, he had two donut tires. Who the fuck even owns two donut tires??



And it just begs the question- really? You couldn't find ANYTHING better? You are shopping at Target which is not always the least expensive option since Walmart is literally right next door and Kmart on the other side. Seriously. How pimping was this car??

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Isn't it kind of creepy that he had garbage bags as seat covers? You know...for like, disposal? of bodies?

Smart Ass Sara said...

Yes- it is creepy! Seriously, this car was giving off the weirdo vibes that normally only a rapist van would give me.

Kate said...

That is just a little terrifying. I've seen entire bumpers held on with duct tape but this takes it to a whole new level of ghettotasticness.

Be one with the Fro said...

Hahahahahahahahaha

wow.

thats all I got.

Steph said...

I wouldn't get in that car. No way!

Mr O said...

Another southern thing I guess, but we see plenty of "ghetto" cars. Not creepy cars like the one pictured, but 89% ghetto

CthuLynny said...

A few years ago my hoopty's front bumper was held on with JB weld and fishing line...so I cant say much but I never used garbage bags for seat covers. Thats frickin' classy!

"And so our stories go..." said...

Very creepy. Love the music.
Mary

Smart Ass Sara said...

@Mr.O- I'm from the south so I totally know about the ghetto cars. I love me some good ghetto car. I remember being 5 and my mom talking to me about stranger danger and "rapist" vans. You know- any conversion van with no side windows. :) LOL!!!

@CthLynny: AWESOME! Do you have pictures of this car???

I had a 1988 Ford Taurus as my first car that was a beast. Seriously. Plus I had the stolen "Thanks for not smoking" stickers from Dairy Queen (where I worked) in my windows. Along with every band sticker imaginable. :)

CthuLynny said...

lol sure dont, we turned that bad boy in for a shiny new 98' corolla.....and thanks to my husband giving rides to his clumsy army buddies, it no longer has interior handles. So we get to roll the windows down to get out. That one I can snag pictures of later :D

mattkendrick.com said...

You're right about the seat covers. If nothing else they could find an old bed-sheet, material from Wal-mart, etc. Only excuse I could say for having garage bag seat covers is if you work in sewage treatment or some other dirty job.