Friday, February 26, 2010

Week Two & Three Weigh In/Progress Report.

For those of you who are on the edge of your seats in suspense for my weight loss...here is my second weigh in/progress report update. (Did you miss week one? First off, shame on you. Second, go here)
Week One Pic

Week Three

OK so not a huge difference here. But things I have noticed is that I am down a pants size. My only touch way at the top, I don't feel like a tummy roll when standing, which means it's getting smaller. My ass does not jiggle. It's firmer so that's hot.

My efforts:

2/15: 1.712 miles

2/16: 1.641 miles

2/17: 1.655 miles

2/18: 1.66 miles

2/19: 0--hurt ankle the night before

2/20: 0--watched people get drunk at bars instead. (BUT, I did walk through the mall for 3 hours)

2/21: 0--but cleaned the house top to bottom and was sore the next day.

2/22: 1.488 miles

2/23: 1.548 miles

2/24: 1.727 miles

2/25: 1.60 miles

I also did a weigh in last night and it read 173.2 pounds. WHAT THE FUCK? I have reduced the number of calories I'm taking in AND walking until I feel sweaty and disgusting, also on the puke threshold.

What does this mean:

- it means I have lost exactly 6 pounds since my first weigh in of the year on 1/23/10.

- it means I lost .8 since my weigh in on 2/14 or whenever that was. Suck.

- it means I'm really hungry and getting pissed off.

My Plan:

I am seriously thinking very hard (which totally explains the burning smell around here) about doing this 10 week weight loss class. It's held at Progressive Martial Arts near me and I met a chick last weekend who SWEARS by it. Now I would normally just jump on the "I don't want to be fat anymore" band wagon but her FB status updates are scaring the shit out of me. One mentioned that it feels like being run over by a bus, then tells me it's fun. Um, being hit by a bus doesn't so fun. It sounds like I'll cry and say a lot of swears. It's a little over $300 for a ten week session and I believe you go 6 days a week. It will kick your ass. It involves fitness kickboxing, kettles, those band thingies, stretching, and like a lot of other stuff. It will kick your ass. I might actually die, folks.

I don't know. I think I might do it. I'll probably die. I should probably get some life insurance.

15 comments:

Sam said...

My first reaction to the first and second week pictures were "Hey, she got taller!" Then I realized, duh, you cant take the EXACT same picture as before. Blonde moment over. So about the 10 week program, DO IT. We have a thing here called Orlando Fitness Boot-camp that me and a friend and her mom were going to go through and it looked kinda fun. Like everyone would end up good friends afterwards. So I think it would be a great experience and the testimonies are unreal. I definitely think you should do it. But as long as your seeing results you must be doing something right! Keep going, you look great!

Another David said...

I have a friend who lost a ton of weight following a few simple rules:
- Drink a glass of water before and while you eat.
- Eat when you're hungry, but only when you're hungry.
- Eat slow, think about whether or not you're still hungry, and stop when you're satisfied - not full.
- Take the stairs.

Keep you're head up, you're doing well!

Juliana said...

Well, down a pant size is a huge deal-you need to give yourself credit you are looking great!

Danielle said...

Good for you girl! My life has been slacking in every category of workout ... I haven't been to the gym in like 2 weeks so props to you for sticking to your workout plan!!! I would recommend at least giving a class a try ... I did one at my gym and loved it. Gives you some things you'll absolutely hate, that you'll probably never do again unless there is someone standing in front of you demanding that you do it. But then there are things you wouldn't think of on your own to do, and a lot of things you can incorporate at home! :) Good luck! You're lookin great! HOLLAAAA! :)

Toulee said...

Sarah,

You have not changed at all since high school. Still that cute girl that has an opinion and the smarts to make me too shy to talk to you. But, if you are completely serious about this, I would recommend the P90x. I did this for 10 days and said screw it. I can give you the DVDs and the workout guides if you want. People I know swear by this as well and hey.. it will not cost you $300 as long as you can stay self motivated.

Amber said...

Hey, congrats on the weight loss! Don't get discouraged! Weight loss is a longer process than weight gain..unfortunately. The 10 week weight loss class sounds interestin...but I might suggest you save $300 dollars. The upside to this class is that you might actually enjoy it like your friend does. But if you don't then it won't be something you will want to stick with and after 10 weeks you will have to find a different kind of exercise that is more enjoyable to you. It's hard to stick to something you don't enjoy at least a little.

Have you checked your measurements since Feb. 14? Could be that those went down more than the scale number :)

xoxoKrysten said...

Lady - you're doing better than me! I need to start the 30 Day Shred over because I totally gave up. Bleh!

Barbara said...

Keep it up! You are looking awesome.

Lisa said...

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

publicknitting said...

This is my first time here and I love that you are posting pictures of yourself and using your blog as a weight loss encouragement tool. Good luck! You're doing a great job, so far! Keep it up!

Sam said...

AND...are those your bitchin sweet workout shoes? I like them alot!

Smart Ass Sara said...

@Sam- YES! These are my new shoes. They have pink/green on the side. ;)

@AnotherDavid- I already do all of these things. I do the stairs at work because we've got a ghetto elevator that I once got stuck in. 8 1/2 months pregnant. In August. No good.

@Juliana, Danielle, Amber- YAY for smaller pants. I put on my wind pant type things this weekend from my kayak trip in June. They fit again. SWEET!

@Toulee- I was WAY skinnier back in the day, yo! :) But yes, I was cute then and still am, as well as funny and smart. Dude- we talked! Don't you remember 11th grade English and crazy Mrs. Towns?! ;)

@everybody else- thanks for the encouragement! Lambwhores are the best.

Christina Thomas said...

Keep it up! You are doing great! We can lose these lbs together!

I am having EXTREME problems with losing weight! I workout like every day and NOTHING! I was trying to have a calorie deficit of 1000 per day to lose 2 pounds per week but that was hard to reach. I now am doing a 750 calorie deficit per day to lose 1.5 lbs per week.

I weigh 140 and I want to lose 25 lbs. (I am only 4'10") I should really weigh like 105!

Sara said...

Just wanted to add more encouragement! Good luck! Boot camp sounds awful. But imagine the blog fodder. :D

modern furniture said...

on the calorie side you are only burning about 100 cals per that mile. so at 3200 calories per pound, you are looking at 32 days of 100 calorie work outs to lose one lbs. the laws of thermodynamics are tough :(