So much for being modest, eh? Whatevs.
Ok so my hot bitch Krysten awarded me the Sunshine Award. Which I covet no more. Few things get me excited but one thing for sure- pretty pictures. I'm a sucker for pretty pictures yall. Pretty pictures with blue background and a bright orange flower? Krysten I will organize your closet! The worst one, even! I am gonig to copy her survey because she rocked it out and I can only hope to rock it as good as her:
1. What age was the very best for you so far? My favorite age is probably now, ironically. Like I *get* I'm 28 on Wednesday but still. Only now do I feel comfortable being me and crazy. I know where I messed up in my life, and have a good idea of what I want to do for the rest of it. AND because I have GREAT friends in real life and some really awesome friends through the blogger world they keep me the most sane I've been in years. Which is awesome.
2. Did you have a "coming of age" summer? (And I now have Stevie Nicks since "The Edge of Seventeen" in my head). The summer after I turned 17 was the big summer for me. A lot happened that summer but I also learned about independence that summer. And how much I like it.
3. How old were you when you got boobs (or hips)? My "bumps" came around age 11 or so, but then by high school they were an issue. Not for boys, but for me. Hips- jesus. Easily age 13.
4. Who was the worst teacher you ever had, and why? It's a tie. Mr. Noll, 10th grade Geometry. Never mind I suck at math anyways, but this guy was a Class A jerk- he would harrass me and my friend Karianne because we sucked BAD at geometry. We passed that class, barely, but doing kindergarten style worksheets. Sad. And then the other- the shop teacher from 8th grade. Not only did he close his eyes when talking which was difficult to follow anyways because he slurred his speech from his drinky drink, but he hated me. And I had no interest in learning how to use a ban saw. I knew early on that I'd be buying my furniture. I'm not Amish for a reason, yo. So I did what any self respecting 8th grade girl did to pass a class. I stole a project from the back room. And passed with a B. Holla.
5. When you were in HS, did you have a guy you thought was "the one"? HA!! Yes, I was actually engaged when I was 17, (see answer above) but before him it was totally a boy named Tony. I loved Tony. I'm pretty sure Tony had no idea I even existed. But now he's my neighbor. With his wife and two kids. Not awkward at all.
6. How old were you the first time you had an alcoholic drink? I was 16. I had made new friends outside of school and would spend the night and yeah. Not proud events happened there. BUT I no longer drink because of that summer.
7. How old were you the first time you tried a drug? I've never done any drugs.
8. When did you have your first kiss? 17. :)
9. What do you wish that you knew what you know now when you were younger? I wish I would have tried harder to make friends. Which sounds bad but I really struggled in high school. I mean I was nice, I had the friend in each class in case I had to partner up with someone but I never had a group. I kind of floated on the edge of a few different groups. But I wish I had known what building friendships was about when I was younger.
10. Share a random confession about your youth. Hmm..so many to choose from. :) I'll go with a funny one. I remember one day in the summer, my brother and I were home alone. For some reason, we decided we wanted to use the dishwasher in the kitchen to clean the dishes. Now, we had lived in the house for YEARS at this point and nobody had ever used the dishwasher. Travis and I figured we could work it, no problem. So we load it up, pour a ton of dish soap in the hole and let it go. About ten minutes later the entire kitchen is flooded with soap and water. Travis and I were yelling at each other and scooping it out of the dishwasher with spoons all afternoon. To this day, I don't think our parents ever knew.
Beyond Rage: Because I think he is more sunshine than he lets off. :) AND you need to check out his blog- it's really great and I hope he continues.
A Little Lady's Thug Life: Because I hope she knows some gangsta hand signals she can teach me.
Amber: Because she's a winner in my eyes.
I Am The Worst Blogger: Because she brightens my day with bizarre videos.
Organic Meatbag: Because he cracks me up. And he is going to help me come up with giveaway ideas on naming my boobs. (Right, meatbag??)
OK. So onto other things. There is a contest that you MUST MUST MUST enter. Because I am your lamb whore/goat slut leader (let's call me the LWGS leader, mmkay??) and say so. Spirit Phoenix is doing her first giveaway and let's give her some bloggie love. She loves me so therefore you should love her. It's like a family, yall.
Plus I want to win jewelry. I love jewelry. I don't even want expensive stuff- I'll take anything. So I want you to visit her, enter, tell her I sent you, blog about it, pimp her out, etc. Please???
Tomorrow I will fill you in on another giveaway happening that I plan to dominate. Unless Mr. O enters then I'm likely fucked.