Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Less Than Two Years to 30. Update On List

So tonight, lambwhores and goatsluts, I am going to go over my 30/30 list to show you the progress I've made and what my plans are.

So here it is:
1. Go kayaking- DONE
2. Go parachuting
3. Go on a sailboat ride
4. Write a book-- in progress
5. Take the kids to Disney World-- DONE
6. Try snorkeling again- try not to drown
7. Learn how to play one song on a piano
8. Take a road trip with friends
9. Go to Las Vegas
10. Run a 5K-- I'm training. Kind of.
11. Learn how to knit something- working on it
12. Attend my 10 year High School reunion - scheduled for August 2010
13. See 10 concerts before I’m 30-- I'm down three (Kings of Leon, Paramore, and Muse)
14. Go on a helicopter ride
15. Dye my hair
16. Trip to another country (Canada counts)
17. Lose at least 15 pounds- working on it.
18. Go camping. Outside. In a tent.
19. Visit the Grand Canyon
20. Wear a bikini (preferably after losing the weight)
21. Read 200 books before I’m 30 (this was revised once I realized it's impossible for me to read 8 books a week every week until I'm 30)
22. Create a family tree book for the kids- working on it.
23. See the Northern Lights
24. Go tubing and/or canoeing
25. Take kids to the Wisconsin Dells--tentatively scheduled for summer 2010
26. Hike through the sea caves in the winter
27. Road trip weekend with Matt to anywhere- DONE
28. See a waterfall I’ve never seen before
29. Try skiing
30. Be happy

Now as I look at this, I feel I've done pretty good. I have some plans in the works (which means in my head) for a few others, and a few are going to happen for sure this year. 2010 is going to be a pretty damn big year for me.

- going to Tennessee in May to see my cousin Rhonda graduate high school.
- am working myself up to parachute/skydive in June. We have a place in Superior that does it and in all the years I've lived here I've only heard of one accident. And that guy died after splattering all over the trailer court by Walmart. Which was gross. Imagine living in your trailer, watching Judge Judy and BANG! guts all over your porch. Ugh. If I die I hope to god it's in the field and not the trailer court. Or even Tower Avenue. I'd take that over the trailer court or the Walmart parking lot.
- going to Chicago (AGAIN!!!) in July to see Kings of Leon (AGAIN!!!) with Jennie (AGAIN!!!) and my new friend Kelly who I met through Jennie. It's going to be EPIC. Please believe the three of us girls are going to fun and rowdy. I'll definitely come back with some pretty kick ass stories and pictures.
- my mom is trying to go to Florida this year, so I'm secretly hoping it's July or August so Matt and I can take the kids somewhere in the Wisconsin Dells the same time she's gone.
- sometime this summer I'm going to try camping. I've been camping once when I was way little and it wasn't an enjoyable experience for me at all. And by camping- I mean in a tent, no air mattress, and eating hot dogs (DISGUSTING) on a stick. None of this air mattress and/or RV shit. (Don't get me wrong- I love RV's. I want to own one someday if only to make my hubs drive it around and I can get away with a viser on my head and a fanny pack full of maps. I'm going to be the epitomy of "old lady")

So right now- these are the plans that are in the works. Next year I am going to make my girlfriends come with me to Vegas. We are going to hit it up big and I am going to get some deets worked out way in advance and put it all out there for you peeps. That's right- it's going to be a "Come Party With Sara and Possibly Embarrass Yourself For Her Blog" gathering. Aw yeah. ;)

But here's where you come in. Do you know of good places to see/do the following because I need ideas:
1. Waterfalls. I need a really awesome one.
2. Road trip in America. I'd be doing this with friends and I'm looking for a fun destination with stupid/hilarious things along the way.

9 comments:

xoxoKrysten said...

You are reminding me that I need to start checking on my 101 in 1001 again. I've been slacking.

And if you take the kids to WI Dells you should TAKE ME TOO! Hehe, I love the Dells!!

You should also had "Cause mayhem with Krysten" to the list. Just sayin.

Danielle said...

What an awesome idea this list was! :) You have awesome ideas on it as well, and are making serious progress you go girl!!!

I don't know of anywhere to see waterfalls, I walked up one in Jamaica one time which was freakin awesome, but I was like 8 and I don't really remember.

As far as the road trip, I'm not really sure of an exact destination but I know a friend of mine traveled from Tacoma, Washington to New York State and she said that the smaller towns along the way are where they found the most hilarious/interesting things. So maybe wherever you decide to go you should make some of the trip through small towns! They have Bedrock in California somewhere ... I'm not sure if you're into the Flinstones or not but I think they are pretty freakin sweet and I would love to go to Bedrock! :)

Smart Ass Sara said...

@Krysten- For sure!!! We are going to hang out and it will happen this year. We should plan for May or June! That way I can save up money for the shopping extravaganza. ;)

@Danielle- We have waterfalls near me and those are cool. I'd just like to see a new one. There is a really cool park in WI called Copper Falls or something that had 3 waterfalls. VERY pretty. Kicked my ass on the hike though.

Veronica Marcetti Dimick said...

There are BEAUTIFUL waterfalls in the UP of Michigan and in Northern Michigan. If interested, I will go through my pics and give you some cities/names of waterfalls.

Miranda said...

Ok I have a few items to address:

1) Why must I go to TN in April and you go in May? Why are we not tearing up the south together?

2) So that we can align our travel plans next time let me just throw it out there that I will be going to Vegas in May of 2011.

3) I think my May 2010 Chicago trip will be postponed and I heart Kings of Leon... July? Me? YES?! Can I be a fourth wheel or something? I swear I'm not a high maintenance traveler. I just need good music, a sweet location and probably some alcohol and I'll pretty much take care of myself.

4) I'm sure you're thinking tropical waterfall but there's Taquomenon Falls in northern Michigan that are pretty sweet. Its actually damn cool to go in the winter when they're frozen.

5) Thats all I just let my compulsive list making take over and couldn't stop at 4.

Sam said...

Have you NEVER died your hair??? Hiking through sea caves in winter sounds like a blast. I wish we had something like that here, but, oh wait, were flatter than a pancake. No caves. :( And Vegas...I have wanted to go to Vegas since I was a kid, You better believe we would tear up the town.

Another David said...

Hey, nobody ever said how long the books have to be. Dr. Seuss wrote like 60something and I'll bet you could knock them all out in a day...

Another David said...

Oh, and waterfall... Niagra? Hello?

DC is usually pretty good for some stupid/hilarious things. Namely monuments. When you're drunk. But for realisies, it's a place I think every American should visit at some point and not just because it's where I live. Get tickets from your Congressmen to go to the House and Senate Galleries and go to their offices, schedule a White House Tour, and see the Hope Diamond. Then do more local stuff like eat at Ben's Chili Bowl, go to a Congressional hearing, and watch one of our gloriously terrible sports teams fail miserably (except the Caps). Occasionally there are swanky black-tie parties at museums, too!

Jenn said...

The waterfall in Jamaica is Dunn River Falls and it IS awesome! You do get to climb it, so that rocks. There is also a waterfall in northern Ontario, Canada. It is considered the "Niagara of the North". Then you could do two things at once.

Also, if you want a wacky roadtrip, research and see where the "biggest" things are and plan your route accordingly. I mean, what's better than having your pic with the world's biggest meatball, or the world's biggest canoli, or the world's longest shoelace?