Friday, April 30, 2010

Domestic Bitch Friday... Episode Two

Welcome back lamb whores and goat sluts to the second episode of Domestic Bitch Friday which I have ripped off of Mel over at Tweeded because she loves me and thinks I'm the shit therefore is letting me do this.

The drill is that I hook you up with a freebie, a new recipe and clue you into a project I've done this week. Ugh. All this responsibility.

But here we go, bitches. Go HERE and get two energy efficient light bulbs. And go HERE to get the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets. And tell me what you think. I ordered them and used one and am undecided. I have two left to try so we'll see.


The recipe we're doing is super easy, makes a ton, and tastes awesome.
Lasagna Rolls For Bitches
Brown 1 lb of hamburger (seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder) until done. It's optional, but if you like onion and actual garlic in your lasagna- add it in there too. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce, a 15 oz can of tomato sauce and a small can of tomato paste. Mix well, simmer until we're ready.
In a separate bowl, combine one bag of shredded mozzarella cheese with one small tub of cottage cheese and one beaten egg to make a super bowl of cheesy awesomeness.
THEN cook a box of lasagna noodles so they are half way done. I can get 9 rolls (one noodle) in an 8x8 pan. This recipe will make two 8x8 pans or one really big pan. I make the two smaller pans, and then freeze the other so I don't have to cook on a different night.
Here's my cooking audience. I like to pretend I'm on the Food Network.
So once you have all the steps above done it's time to assemble. Scoop some of your meat/sauce mixture into the bottom of your pans.
Lay out noodles and spread some of the cheese mixture on. Like this:
Then roll them up, lay them seam side down into the sauce.
Then cover with extra sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 350 until bubbly.

Eat more than the recommended portion because it's the weekend your whore/slut leader says so.

So my project was a big one, but I'll touch more on it next week (with pictures). Jackson is 2 now (insert sad face here) and after getting his thighs stuck in the crib AGAIN I made the executive decision to move him to a big boy bed. Which is a twin size bed for all of you non-parents out there. We don't go the route of a toddler bed because frankly- I think children need to learn how to not roll the fuck out of bed at a young age.

Maybe it makes me a harsh parent but yeah. I can spend that $50 elsewhere. Like on new underwear. Anyways.

So I made Matt go out and get the mattress and box spring, I had purchased his new comforter and sheets and he was THRILLED about them. In the afternoon we did a major furniture move upstairs. Olivia's bed frame is now in Jackson's room because it's smaller and his room is tiny. Olivia now has the other bed frame. Jackson's bed is now set up, furniture moved around, toys organized, etc. Put new sheets/blankets on Olivia's bed and washed all of the older ones. Then I sorted all of the linens for their beds to get rid of the crib stuff, crib disassembled and put in the garage.

Folks, I'm not going to lie. I cried and I cried hard. But that's part of a post for next week.

How's that for leaving you hanging??

10 comments:

Shanel said...

can you come and live with me.... you can bring the kids... as long as you cook everyday:)

Sam said...

I don't like the way the flower child is staring into my soul...I like ken's date's hair though!!
I totally am brainstorming and going to try to start figuring out vegetarian/vegan alternatives to your recipes! That way your recipes can reach more people!!

Miranda said...

Ya know the post where you basically gave us a peek at your goddess schedule? Well I think about it daily and want to implement it stat. And since I don't have kids I want to replace all your kid stuff with exercise so I can not be a fatass anymore (or... maybe alcohol)...

But ya know what? I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET! So now you lay this badass shiz on me. How am I supposed to keep up?! Ugh... I leave here defeated. And jealous.

Some Kind Of Funky! said...

Your audience is the best I've ever seen. Were they able to repeat the dish? lol

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Dude... I love free things. You rock my socks. But you already know that, of course.

Smart Ass Sara said...

@Shanel- my old person dream is to RV. We can make this happen.

@Sam- Ken is gay. The lady is supposed to be me according to Olivia. Nice. AND I know for a fact this works well with veggies and tofu because I've done that for someone.

@Miranda- I can do it all in heels too.

@Funky- I don't know. The butterfly ate the flower baby, the chick was drunk, the dog pissed on the counter and Ken had his way with the lamp.

Rebel Mel said...

"Lasagna rolls for bitches"

That's all.
<3

Morgan said...

I want to see pictures! What an exciting step for al of you!!! Congrats especially to the little man! Be sure to let us know how the first night goes!

Not being a mother I can't fully understand what you are feeling but I'm sad you're sad. :(

and that lasagna looks delish! Stomach is officially growling!

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness that looks so delicious! I'm definitely going to try this asap! Thanks so much! As far as the bed situation goes, I hear ya because I cried when I started JC in his "big boy" car seat ... I can't imagine when he gets a big boy bed!