Monday, April 12, 2010

My Art Mojo is BACK, Bitches!

Seriously folks, my art mojo was gone. Like I was on the verge of putting up posters and taking out "Have You Seen Me?" ads because it was that gone. And when Matt was all "well if you aren't using it, maybe you can sell some?" and that kicked my ass into gear.

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

So I forced myself to get crafty. And at first I had to remember where everything was because I have this habit of just shutting the closet doors when it gets all messy and my brain starts to shut down. It's just easier that way. But then I realized holy shit- I have a lot of UNOPENED stuff. I am a consultant for Memory Works so I buy stuff a lot. I don't actually try to sell to people, I just do it for the discount. So I got busy. And made some gift cards:

Then I rolled up my sleeves and made some more cards. If people would just stop dying, having babies, or all being born in February and March, we'd be fine. But my abundant card supply was low. Because I send mail FOR EVERYTHING. I'm a bit of a mail whore. I really like sending mail. You want mail? Send me your addy- and I'll send ya something.
But then I got on a big roll once I had a shit load of scraps on my desk and have a thing about throwing away pattern paper. I often will buy paper and save it. Because it's too pretty to use. Matt doesn't know that, mostly because he wouldn't be thrilled. So I'm forcing myself to use it. And I have to say cutting into Chatterbox paper is what I would assume cutting my foot off would feel like.

Then I had even smaller pieces. And I have an affinity for flowers. I'm not sure if that's obvious or not.
And I am so behind on my scrapbook pages it's embarrassing. Like here's us celebrating Xmas with Matt's family this past year. Which is funny because the last 3 years of Xmas are not done.

And a page of photos from last summer. Jackson looks so little!!
Oh, this was the end of summer last year. On a mommy day, which is what we call Fridays 'round these parts. Becaues mommy is the bestest ever. But I love the bottom picture because I kept telling Livi to hug Jack and he totally wasn't having it.
Oh yeah- Jackson eats dirt. And playdoh, crayons, markers and generally anything interesting.
These are from 2007 and those girls are my Olivia (when she was 18 months) and my two cousins. Yes, I said cousins. :) This was a super fun photo shoot and the girls got along fabulously.

So it's back, bitches! I have a new set of cards going up into my Etsy shop (tonight, maybe?). But pretty much every package I send out gets some cards. Because I usually have a TON and I spread the love.

I don't know why I like mailing stuff so much and it's really weird because I hate the post office. But I've always been the kind of person who sincerely likes giving more than receiving. Don't get me wrong, receiving is fun, but I like to give better. I just sent one of my fav blog readers a vibrator (she was a vibrator virgin) (you know who you are, and I expect a full damn report on that), another blogger got music and a shirt from the Muse concert (and he promised he'd send me music. Totally holding you to that.), another blogger got a hair bleach kit which I actually had and since I am scared shitless to do anything with my hair at home, I found a home for it. And yeah- that was just in the last week. I have a few more up my sleeve for the next few weeks.

AND..tomorrow...come back for a very exciting Cribs, Part Two post. You'll get to see part of my crazy. Such as my fridge, my ubber organized closet, and panty drawer. Yes, you read that right.

21 comments:

Angela said...

I'm a snail mail whore. Seriously. I once joined a postcard club thingy and received/gave so many postcards that my mail box was always happy. It got to the point that I was sending out so many that I just couldn't keep up or afford it anymore. I keep all my postcards in a little box.
I did a Valentine's card swap with a few of my blog friends too.
Any excuse to send/receive mail, I'm all for it.

You're very talented, and I love your cards!

jprp said...

Sara, you are so damn talented! those cards are so adorable... so this "memory works" is where youget your supplies? Nothing beats a home made card, sent through snail mail! and your scrap books look so awesome, i have to get my art mojo on again too! oh, and i didnt even know you had an etsy shop... i'm jumping on that shit right now.....

Danielle said...

I love this post! I'm working on getting my "crafty" side back into full swing as well! My Aunt was collecting craft stuff for a school and my mom was threatening to get rid of all of my stuff, I'm determined to put them to use again!! I used to make my friends cards and stuff for their birthdays because it was cheaper and fun, but they looked nothing like yours! Yours are beautiful! Put mine to shame! Thanks for sharing! :) xoxo

Blue Disastrous said...

Your cards are sooooooo cuuuuuuuute! T^T You have serious talent! Mm, the prospect of actually getting real mail is exciting. Sadly, I only get to look forward to the next paper in a series of things for my college, bank statements, and *sigh* random things from my dad.
Getting actual mail--getting actual mail in college.. Oh my dog. I may have to send you something.
All that paper and flowers and random lamb/sheepy makes the world happy.

Miranda said...

I love getting mail too! (WAYYYY more than I like sending it b/c I'm selfish like that) Why do you think I lurk around hoping you're finishing up a good book? ha!

Anyway, your new cards look fabulous! I'm going to have to do some serious shopping as soon as my bank account recovers from the Tennessee trip. And once I'm not a walking zombie from travelling you bet I'll be posting the lovelies you included in my package. Thanks again love!

Gasai said...

love the cards. they are beautiful!

p.s foudn you on 20sb "i take my camera everywhere" group. Ciao!

Sam said...

Such creative cards. I like them a lot. I noticed you didn't mention UNDER the bed, or your sock drawer, that's where all the juicy stuff lurks. :) I love sending/receiving mail, i'm always adding to my music library so you just let me know when you want another cd.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad I stumbled into your part of blog world! You are awesome! I enjoy reading your stuff all the time, it makes me laugh and makes me feel like I should embrace my foul mouth because there ARE others out there like me! Here is my corner of the world.. not as interesting but hey... keep it up!
http://talesfromamisfithousewife.blogspot.com/

belsmommy said...

I just wanna say YAY for quoting Dirty Dancing!!! I actually said that the other day, and no one knew what I was talking about!!!

Chicken said...

It's not often that talent and beauty mix...you're a rare breed. I'll be mailing you my photos so that you can scrapbook them for me, mmmkay?

Kate said...

Yay! New cards! Love 'em. Don't forget the good book you sent me! :p

Sara said...

I love the cards!!! Very crafty! Love that you are a mail whore and found places for things to go. :)

____j said...

LOVE your scrapbook pages :) and thanks for the bleach kit [even though i haven't grown the balls to use it yet] and thanks for the cards! SO SO SO CUTE!

Morgan said...

All so, so cute and creative! I think i have a dream of being a stay at home mom and doing stuff like this all the time. Wake up, tend to the hubby, kids, and house then play with arts and crafts until it's time to get snacks ready to welcome home the kids and dinner to welcome home the hubby.

Life would be good.

Rebel Mel said...

Dude, I totally think that you should do your own take on my Domesticated Friday's posts.. like, in guest post form.

Let me know what you think! I have been so busy this month with work and such that I have hardly had time to post, and I feel so guilty not posting my friday posts. And even when I do post these days, I haven't had anything cute to post about. Alright, enough jabbering, I'm sending you an email.

Nobody Special ~ Just Me said...

LOL... I love your humor! I love your blog! I'm new to blogging and just started so I was looking around, seeing what others are doing... Love this... Love you!

Thanks for the smiles! and GREAT cards!

Another David said...

I think one of the first posts of yours that I saw was one about cards. Still good. Looking forward to Cribs2

Ann said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!! Girl, you rocked these out! Love them all!!!

Amber said...

Girl, I TOTALLY dig you are a scrapbooker!! I mean, we could be long lost best friends!! HA!!

I love your cards and layouts. I post most of my things on my scrapbooking blog so check them out when you get a chance.

I am lucky enough to actually WORK part time for my LSS, so I get great discounts and even got to go to CHA to pick out product for the store for the next six months. It was AWESOME!! I plan on getting into my studio this weekend and cranking some shit OUT!!

Gini said...

I want the cute baby buggy card! WANT! Seriously, soon as you put that up for sale, that shit is MINE.

HEY- do you think you could make a little robot picture frame? My sister is having a little boy but on the ultrasound pic, the nurse mistyped and put "BOT" instead. HA! Now we have a robot theme.

Latharia said...

I love it when the mojo comes back. :)

And I, too, love mail. :D And giving stuff. :D