But Morgan from Sunny Days has bestowed this award to me. What is really cool is that Morgan is a new blogger (show her some love, yall) AND I graduated high school with her. I don't think we had any classes together (did we??) and didn't hang out in the same groups (and to be honest- I had no "group", I was more of a floater) but I do remember she was always a super happy person. So it seems appropriate that she received this. Rules state that I need to list 10 things that make me happy and pass the award on. OK.
1. Water. I am a pisces so this seems somewhat obvious, but I love water. I like to take long showers, swim, be near water, drink water, listen to water, etc. I know that no matter where I live, I must be by a large body of water. Unfortunately, Lake Superior is so damn cold that swimming in it is for idiots who have no worries of hypothermia.
2. My kids are a million times awesome. They are hilarious and fun. They can be sweet but they can also be monsters. And it doesn't matter because they think I'm the greatest thing EVER and I make them happy.
3. Books. I could read an entire day and not blink an eye. I can get lost in a book and am sad when I can't get some reading time each and every day.
4. Music. I consider myself to be an avid music collector and fan and my tastes are pretty eclectic I think. Someone once told me that my music taste is schizophrenic because I am all over the place. But I think that is the beauty of music- you can go from one end to the other and still want more.
5. My friends make me happy by keeping me sane. (quickie thank you to everyone who emails me regularly and/or texts me. You guys ROCK and keep me from killing people throughout the day.)
6. My family are really pretty cool. We have our up's and down's but they are pretty damn cool. I got lucky when I got my family.
7. Sunshine. Who doesn't like the sun?
8. Thunderstorms and other natural disasters. I know- this is weird but I really do LOVE natural disasters. I've seen a tornado and I've been in multiple hurricanes. I'd like to be in a real earthquake someday. I've always been a bit of geology and weather nut (I like knowing why things are happening) so that makes me a bit weird I suppose.
9. Toothpaste. I like brushing my teeth. I've decided (literally, just right now) that I like toothpaste a lot. Without that I fear that my mouth would feel gross all of the time and that would be no good.
10. A good vibrator makes me happy. This one seems a bit obvious though.
So I'm going to pass this on to EVERYONE who is having a dumpy day and/or week. Maybe this will help you get out of your funk.
Also during my blog catch up this evening, I came across Another David's blog and saw a YouTube video of this guy blending an iPad. Nevermind the fact that I'm in tears because I'd really like to have a damn iPad because it would fill out my purse nicely and give me an excuse to carry my $80 purse around because it currently holds my phone and a wallet. It's all a bit ridiculous. So then I checked out the Will It Blend website and promptly got sucked into watching things be blended. And I realized that the $50 blender I got for my bridal shower really does suck and it isn't just me. Mine can barely do fucking ice cubes and this thing blends lawn equipment, cameras, guns, etc. Insane.
I would also like to mention to you, DAVID that something truly momentous has happened in my neighborhood. Yes- a midget has moved in around the corner from me. I am like 90% sure she's a midget. Matt thinks she's just short but I don't know. She looks pretty much what I assume a midget looks like. There was the one in Chicago that would not take a picture with me and I only saw this chick for a minute. So now I'm walking past there every chance I get hoping she's friends with the drunks in the same building. Because the drunks are outside ALL.THE.TIME doing drunky things and using a refrigerator as a lawn chair. If she really is a midget, I totally am prepared to bring baked goods over there and make friends. I will keep you posted.