Friday, May 28, 2010

Domestic Bitch Friday. Episode Six.

It's that time again....no- not my period (ok..I'm having that too. Sorry.). It's Domestic Bitch Friday! YAY!


Webiste you must check out:


www.wickedcooldeals.com -->if you scroll through you will find coupons and freebies galore. I printed out a coupon for JC Penney, Old Navy and Bath & Body Works.



Freebies:


  1. Sandwich Shop Mayo: HERE

  2. Olay Total Effects stuff: HERE

  3. Free 2 oz Benjamin Moore paint sample (Elena-- I thought of you!!): HERE

  4. Nivea lotion: HERE

  5. Free Car & Driver Magazine: HERE
  6. Free Coldplay Album (I have not done this yet so I can't attest to what the quality is)(international): HERE

  7. Free thong at American Apparel: HERE

  8. Free perfume samples (international): HERE

  9. Aveeno samples: HERE

Recipe:


So last year I made this jello pie for the Fourth of July and it went over really, really well. AND it was pretty easy. Instead of typing out all of the instructions, go HERE to get the recipe. I love the Kraft Foods website and am on it almost every day. Seriously. If you haven't already sign up to get their emails and you will start getting their magazine in the mail. It used to be free but now there is a small cost to it but I will tell you it is worth it. :)

Project: My garden! Kind of. Every year I try my hand at not killing plants and I'm usually only mildly successful. I have no pictures to show you because my stuff in pots is doing nothing so far. Lame. And my annuals that I bought are barely surviving because I'm not doing a very good job at keeping them alive. BUT..my chive bush from last year? Out of fucking control. I don't know what to do with it considering I never used chives last year. So yeah-- recipes calling for a shitload of chives is going to happen at some point this summer.


But my stuff in pots...THAT is where my greatest hope is this year. I planted Single Italian Plain Leaf Parsley, California Wonder Peppers (it shows red/green on the front...I am hoping they are all green..) and then the Calendula I won from a giveaway. But I'm planting parsley for a few reasons: I have a lot of recipes that call for it and it says you need fresh. Well "fresh" is all fine and good but when I don't know what it looks like and nothing is labeled at the grocery store....we just don't add it. So this year not only will I learn what it looks like but I will have it. Score. And peppers...well I use them all of the time. Seriously. I don't like peppers but I like chopping them and I like how they look in stuff. So I use them.


Shut up- it makes perfect sense. AND I discovered you can freeze them and they do fabulous frozen over the winter when you're likely to pay $2.19 for one dinky pepper here in say...January.

Anyways. So starting next week my DBF post will change just a bit. Instead of a "project" per say I'm going to start posting my menu for the week. Since I plan all of my meals anyways AND I'm doing the SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) bit I'm going to need to cut corners money wise. ;) SO...this means I'm going to track what I spend and eat more carefully. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Deeps!! said...

Congrats on being a SAHM!! it'll be the best decision you'd have made.. thats what my mom told me, when she became one!! much love n hugs!!

p.s my blog misses ur love n comments!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Okay D and I are spreading word through Hayward to be VERY SCARED!

And I don't have bail money either. But at least if we get arrested we'll be together!

lareinaelena said...

Since you specifically thought of me, I will get the paint sample. ;) Now that you have all this free time on your hands (ha ha ha ha), you can totally help me choose paint colors.

Blue Disastrous said...

Awesome post as always! And get this. Friday, I actually told Kai, "Hey! It's Friday! That means Awesome Blogger Sara has posted her Domestic Bitch post!" Of course, he had no idea what I was talking about. But I was excited. Especially now that you've basically given me some paint. So thank you.

Anastasia said...

thanks!