Thursday, June 3, 2010

Domestic Bitch Friday: Episode Seven

Yes. It's that time again lovelies. ;)



So last week I told you I was going to start posting my menus for the previous week as my project, so here we go:



Saturday: Spaghetti

Sunday: Steak with Mashed Baby Reds and peas

Monday: Chicken Fajitas

Tuesday: Beef Stiry Fry with Rice

Wednesday: Tacos

Thursday: Meatball Casserole

Friday: Pancakes and Sausage

And one of my meals is a new recipe out of a new cookbook I got at Sam's Club called Budget Meal$ (see?? Ke$ha is influencing cookbooks!!). Have I ever mentioned my obsession with cookbooks? I love them. I need to have Matt build me a really nice shelf so I can just have them all stacked up nice. Ugh. Maybe that can be a project...organize those. Anyways. So this week a new one I tried was the Meatball Casserole. Here's the recipe:



1 bag of thawed meatballs (or about 20-30 of your own)

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

1 can of tomato sauce

1 box of a shaped noodle (I did wagon wheels for the kids)

1 bag of mozzarella cheese

1 tub of ricotta or cottage cheese (I used cottage)

1/2 cup of grated parmesan



Cooked your noodles until they are part way done, drain. Stir together the meatballs, sauces, and noodles- spread into a 9x13 baking dish. Mix the parmesan and ricotta/cottage cheese, spoon as evenly as you can on top of meat/noodles. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven, top with mozzarella, bake until melted.



This is super delicious. Definitely something we are going to make again.



FREEBIES!



Toilet Paper: HERE

Starbucks VIA Ready Brew Coffee: HERE

Sarah McLachlan new single download: HERE

Doggie Biscuits: HERE

Glidden Paint Samples: HERE

Dog Food: HERE

Hand Sanitizer: HERE



NEW MONEY SAVING WEBSITES:

(I'm doing this because hello---I need to cut back so I'm all about finding deals anywhere. These are some new websites I've discovered and you should check out)



Grocery Shop For Free

Tip Junkie



Have fun!

OH! And don't forget my GIVEAWAY happening..

4 comments:

MrsDixon said...

That recipe looks D-Vine!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Monte says thanks for the free samples =-)

And I think I need to come over to your house for dinner. You menu is making my mouth water.

Danielle said...

Yummm I'm going to try this, this week! I bet JC would like this one ... he's starting his table foods so now that I have someone else to cook for I'm going to be trying to cook more! :)

____j said...

Dang! I was gonna get some of those doggy biscuits for my Kami and they said they are all out! Lame. Thanks anyways :)