Sunday, June 13, 2010

Somehow....I should probably care.

Ah, but I don't. (click the playlist for today's theme song)

Someone recently asked me if I care what people think about me. And my answer is honestly no. And I'll tell you why.

I can't change who I am. In fact I don't even really know who the hell I am or what I'm supposed to be doing with my life but I will tell you that I'm very sure I wasn't meant to be kissing other people's asses. Not only does that hold sanitary issues with me, but it's just not my style.

Apparently, I should be concerned that some people think I'm a bitch. That I'm too sarcastic. I'm too abrasive. I'm funny at inappropriate times. I appear to have dual personality- I can be sweet as pie with my mommy hat on and as soon as I turned around on my heel I'm talking trash about the person who attempted to fuck me over at the grocery store. It's just how I roll.

I'm sassy, I'm abrasive, I'm a bitch, I'm funny. I'm not for everyone. I can't help it. I don't know how I got to be this way and I don't really care. I like who I am. I like my personality and I have friends. They love me. My family loves me most of the time. But honestly I think that's just par for the course.

People seem to be genuinely surprised that how I come off on my blog is how I really am in real life. Am I this way 24/7? No. I obviously sleep. I have to work. I have to interact with people who are not capable of handling my awesome. I tread lightly when I meet new people and if I deem you worthy...you will see me in my full glory. Obviously "worthy" is subjective. If you chose to be an asshole invading my 3 foot personal space bubble, you'll see me in my glory. I've been known to say things about others around me while waiting in line. And I don't care if you hear it. If you are being as fucking douchenozzle or a general hemorrhoid to the public- you need to know it. It's not funny or cute to act as if you are in middle school. Even if you are in middle school. I have very little patience for stupidity and will call people out. If I feel like it.

Side rant: If you have a child who has a disgusting, hacking cough?? QUARANTINE THAT BASTARD. There is nothing more disgusting to me than when you see little kids with green and yellow snot all over their faces and then they are just coughing on everything. Gross. And this applies to adults. If you are coughing like a fucking maniac- don't leave your home. I've been coughing like asthmatic homeless person in the middle of a park but you won't see me running around into the world infecting you with my nasty. No. It's a common fucking courtesy. And we wonder why plaque is so effective.

I think the biggest misconception is that I'm just super vulgar and in people's faces. Um, no. I have class, bitches. I at least wait until an opportunity presents itself. I like to act stupid and have fun. I antagonize those I'm with to get the fucking party started. I'm laid back and pretty quiet. I'll get loud if I need to and I'm not afraid to smack someone. Or kick a guy in the balls. I pull hair and fight dirty. But if you met me I'd be pretty tame. I can't guarantee I'd be on my best behavior but for the most part I'll do my best not to make an ass our of myself. Or you. But I can act like an adult. Or a lady. When required.

And here is what I think is the funniest of all. People read me blog and often send me an email with "holy shit Sara--- tone it down." Tone WHAT down?! What am I doing or saying that is so outrageous?? I don't know. I can't help what comes out of my mouth. I have often been known to say that I have verbal diarrhea. I can't help it. Not that I would if I could anyways. While some people view me as too vocal and too out there, I disagree. I'm just a real girl living in a Barbie world.

If you have a problem with my swearing, the "disgusting manner" in which I apparently present myself- don't come here. Don't talk to me. Own yourself and your opinions because I most certainly will own mine.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Right on :) Don't tone anything down or change anything about who you are. It is nice to meet real people in this world once in awhile!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I wish I had this outlook Sara. Sometimes I care too much what other people think of me, which is completely ridiculous.

And being someone that knew you first online and then in person I can say that I think you're flippin' awesome and I appreciate your honesty. I've had way too many friends that have said one thing to my face and another behind my back and THAT is bitchy and rude.

You're awesome and people are just jealous. Whatevs.

Shanel said...

All I have to say is NO ONE needs to tell you to tone it down... this is your damn space... to say and do what you please... I'm glad that you don't let other's dictate what you do or who you are... be you... hell there are enough people in the world who trying to be like someone else. I don't know you at all... I'm just a follower of your blog and the reason I'm a follower is because you seem authentic... no cookie cutter mold... stay that way.

Veronica Marcetti Dimick said...

That is weird Sara -- I have a handful of followers, but I have never had someone tell me shit like that. And even my mother, who thinks I am a hell beast and my blog is bringing on the Apocalypse, does not tell me to "tone it down." Read elsewhere, douches.

Ann said...

Damn straight! Don't ever change to make others happy...then YOU won't be. I tell it like it is, too, and have had people call me a bitch, etc. but I don't give a shit. They don't like it, too fucking bad.

Sara said...

You are awesome. :D You are right. :D Don't tone it down. I have to say the honesty is my favorite part. Cussing is right in line there too and I'm good. :)

Natacha said...

Right on sista! If there are people who don't like it - tell them to take a hike! Your blog is awesome!

Mama K said...

Love it!

Veronica Marcetti Dimick said...

Oops. I meant to say I have LOST a handful of followers. That makes the sentence make more sense.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you Sara! Who cares what other people think about you? Side note.... if Chelsea Handler weren't famous and you just saw her in line at a store and she said half the things she says on her show, people would be saying the same thing about her! And look were it got her... she's famous!!!!

Anastasia said...

hell yeah! preach on!

Gini said...

WTF? How pretentious and inappropriate do you have to be to ask someone to tone down their personal blog (with a bazillion fucking followers) just because you're uncomfortable with something said in it? Wowzers. Fuck those guys. I think your blog is fabulous, unrepentant and inspiring. You totally inspired me to write for myself just because I like writing, and to stop caring about whether I'm funny or not or if anyone will even care. So thanks. :)

Another David said...

Anybody telling you to tone it down is obviously new to t3h interwebs. rtfm

Amber said...

Um, yeah....I could have sworn you were talking about me at first.

God, we must have been twins separated at birth (except the fact I am like eight years older than you).