Tonight, lambwhores and goatsluts, I am going to go over my 30/30 list to show you the progress I've made and what my plans are.
So here it is:
1. Go kayaking- DONE
2. Go parachuting- DONE
3. Go on a sailboat ride
4. Write a book-- in progress
5. Take the kids to Disney World-- DONE
6. Try snorkeling again- try not to drown
7. Learn how to play one song on a piano
8. Take a road trip with friends- coming up this month
9. Go to Las Vegas
10. Run a 5K-- I'm training. Kind of.
11. Learn how to knit something- DONE (see below)
12. Attend my 10 year High School reunion - scheduled for August 2010
13. See 10 concerts before I’m 30-- I'm down three (Kings of Leon, Paramore, and Muse) (another KOL and Muse concert is happening very soon..)
14. Go on a helicopter ride
15. Dye my hair
16. Trip to another country (Canada counts)
17. Lose at least 15 pounds- DONE (update...very soon).
18. Go camping. Outside. In a tent.- happening in August.
19. Visit the Grand Canyon
20. Wear a bikini (preferably after losing the weight)
21. Read 200 books before I’m 30 (this was revised once I realized it's impossible for me to read 8 books a week every week until I'm 30)
22. Create a family tree book for the kids- working on it.
23. See the Northern Lights
24. Go tubing and/or canoeing- happening in August.
25. Take kids to the Wisconsin Dells--tentatively scheduled for summer 2011
26. Hike through the sea caves in the winter
27. Road trip weekend with Matt to anywhere- DONE (this is my trip to Hayward to meet Krysten & Dustin)
28. See a waterfall I’ve never seen before
29. Try skiing
30. Be happy
So you'll notice I have "knit something" crossed off. While my cousin Rhonda was here she was determined to teach me how to knit. Apparently her high school made you learn and this only brings me more shame because I never had home ec. It's a long story but switching middle schools between 7th and 8th grade is the reason why. The bonus? I had two years of shop class and I still can't read a tape measure, so there.
Anyways. She tried to teach me with those stick thingies and even she said I suck. I pretty much ruined what I was trying to make even though she told me what I was doing is the easiest thing ever which is impossible to screw up. Well- I screwed it up and my yarn kept falling off my stick.
THANKFULLY- the fabulous gal I used to work with who was determined to get me to knit something and not be a failure apparently anticipated my failure and got me this for my birthday this year:
Knitted a scarf in one night. Literally in two hours I had an entire scarf done. Then Rhonda went and bought one of these thingies and made herself a scarf. So here we are, saying goodbye at the airport with our scarves.
The bonus is that I used almost no yarn at all so I have three massive balls of yarn. I'm certain I can make literally, 500 scarves with it all. Minimum. (Who wants a scarf?!) The only thing I'm not happy about is that Rhonda had to tie my ends so it didn't fall apart because I suck at knots and stuff. I seriously can't sew a button onto my pants----I just throw them out and buy a new pair. That might be on my 40/40 list.
Tomorrow I'm going to do a weight loss update since it has been FOREVER since I've done this and guess what? I have not only hit my 15 pound mark but I've kept it off. Even though I've seriously been slacking on exercise- but that is all going to change very soon. I'm pretty damn happy about it- but I'll post more on this tomorrow.
So there you go- I am not slacking on my 30/30 list....I think I'm making decent progress.