Friday, July 9, 2010

Domestic Bitch Friday. Kind Of.

OK- I know I've been a complete slacker with Domestic Bitch Fridays and I only kind of feel bad that this week is going to be my super ghetto version. Because I'm putting no effort into it.

Meaning all that you are going to get is a recipe.

Sorry.

But if makes any difference- the recipe rocks. It's one from my mother in law, who made the pie for our annual Fourth of July BBQ and as it is every year, it was a huge hit.

Renae's Fresh Berry Pie

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp of strawberry jello
Strawberries, halved
1/2 tsp almond extract
pie crust

Put berries into pie crust.

Mix all ingredients in saucepan- stir constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Glaze will thicken and turn semi clear. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp of almond extract. Cool to room temperature- pour over berries in crust.

She uses both strawberries AND blueberries in her pies, so if you are going to combine fruit she says it's best to use raspberry jello for that. And it works if you want to use raspberries, use raspberry jello.

And store the pie in the fridge. If it's not eaten all in one sitting.

2 comments:

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Yummy! Have I mentioned that I love you?

Chicken said...

Strawberry pie sounds yummy.