Thursday, July 22, 2010

Toddler Fashion.

Over the course of a few days I decided to take a picture of my kids right before they went into my mom's house...which is where they go when I work. Mostly because someday this will be embarrassing for them and I would fail in my parental duties if I didn't have this kind of evidence.

Day One.
You'll notice Olivia with a dress I actually love- her rainbow stripe dress. Accessorized with Tinkerbell sandals, a stuffed puppy, 4 bracelets, 4 necklaces, the pink flower glasses and her sequined "britney" hat. Jackson is showing off his beloved puppy, sandals on the wrong feet, the scarf I made him, a suspender extender as a bracelet and his plain outfit. Their facial expressions will give you an indication of their mood that day.

Day Two.

Well you'll see Olivia has a new dress on but the same sandals. Instead of yesterday's puppy she now carries an elephant. BUT we're up to 5 bracelets, 5 necklaces (including her Iron Man happy meal toy necklace), her Dora glasses but the same hat. What you DON'T see is the streaks of eyeshadow on her eyes and her lips caked in gloss. Jackson has his outfit and sandals still on the wrong feet but he's traded his jewelry for his UMD Bulldogs hat. He still has puppy but his beloved duck is with us, as is my jelly purse which he's claimed as his own. Inside the purse is his own makeup (don't ask), his own chapstick (again...don't ask), his "digger" trucks, some random lego's and part of a pop tart.

Day three.
I think they were sick of me doing pictures. But Olivia refused to wear clean clothes so here she is in the dress from day one. Except today she's wearing her dress shoes that are at least a size too small, but with only 3 bangle bracelets. Not only does she have three necklaces on, but she also has another scarf I made her. I talked her out of the hat this day only because she wanted to wear the headband that doesn't stay on her head. Jackson was kind of feisty this day. He refused to wear his sandals but he's wearing his skater shoes (on the right feet!), his shirt he's decorated with stickers, his MN Twins hat (just like uncle's), and his Iron Man sunglasses.

Folks- these? Are creative, fashionable kids. Every morning I battle Olivia with the amount of makeup she can wear (she's 4...jesus) and some days she wants to put her underwear on backwards. And as much as I want to say she obviously got these traits from her dad...I can't. I remember trying to leave the house in a see through black lace shirt to go to school. Eighth grade. One of the downsides of having your mom at home in the morning is that she'll occasionally tell you to get your ass upstairs and change out of your hoochie outfit before she kicks your ass from here until Sunday. Don't even get me started on the retarded trend of wearing socks... with SANDALS. Ugh. Who the hell told me THAT looked attractive?? Jebsus.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

They are too freakin cute for words! I love the fact that Olivia loves to accessorize that is just too cute!

Chicken said...

Step one: raid Sarah's book collection. Step two: locate Olivia's closet and find that hat.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Man Olivia should work for Maurices, she's all about the accessories! If we sold kids clothes I'd totally have them hire her as a little model!

Nyx said...

Your kids are freaking adorable. Seriously.

Mama Kayla said...

Aww. Haha How cute are they!? Fashionable, for sure! They will be trend setters. :-D

FinnyKnits said...

Some day you are going to make the most horrifyingly awesome engagement party photo collage for Olivia.

And then your job as mother will be done.

____j said...

your kids are cute no matter what they wear, but yes...this will be sweet payback in the future! haha also, i used to wear socks with sandals, too. whhhhhyyyyyyy?

deannaburasco said...

I totally need to make a necklace for the oh-so-fashionable Olivia!

Ang said...

LOL... that is too funny! Kids sure do love acting like adults!

Kelly said...

1 WORD--ADORABLE

Another David said...

that first one with the beret and the sunglasses? awesome! i can only hope my future kids are as stylish as your present-time ones