Thursday, August 26, 2010

Let us be clear.

There has been quite the discussion about my post in regards to the ten year high school reunion. And before I get into it all let's just be clear. I believe that everyone has their own opinion which is why I have posted every comment that came through. Although I might not totally agree it doesn't matter because it's your own opinion and I respect that you expressed it. To me. And I'm just going to do this list style because that's how I roll and it's my blog. :)

1. I have gotten over 15 messages on Facebook in regards to some people's comments on someone else's Facebook wall. No, I didn't see them and I don't care. If a person was offended or if they were wondering if something in my post was about them they should contact me directly. Some of them did and I answered them all honestly.

2. I apologize if you some of you took something to heart that wasn't even about you. I didn't list names for a reason but the consequence of that is that everybody inevitably believes it's about them. And it isn't.

3. If you read the post I wrote you will find no where in there that I had a horrible time and hated every single second of it. While I mentioned that there were definite low points and some improvements that should be made for the next one, I did enjoy meeting up with and talking to the people that I did talk to. If I have a problem with somebody I will let them know. With that being said, there were definitely people from our class I had no interest in socializing with because I don't like them. AND THAT'S OK. It doesn't make me a horrible person, it just means I'm not going to waste my time or theirs by being fakey nice to them. I can't be responsible for how other people interpret what they read. People will read things and take what they want from it and that's not my fault.

4. I am truly glad that lots of people had a good time. I'm going to just reiterate that nowhere in my original post does it say I hated every minute of it. In my opinion, it could have been better but it wasn't and so there you go. I am really glad that the people who had huge groups of friends got to see them all again. I got to see the people I wanted to that I knew were coming so my goal in attending was accomplished. I don't really know what anybody else would want out of a reunion?? I had fun with all of the girls I chatted it up with, I've got a bunch of lunch and dinner dates lined up with old friends and everything that I thought I'd get out of it, I did. So despite the weird moments, the unfortunate reality that some people don't change, and missing a few people I wish had come- it was fine. I'm sure it's exactly how every other ten year reunion would go. And honestly- I put the ten year reunion on my 30/30 list because I knew that my first instinct would be to not go because it wasn't exactly the best four years of my life. I put it on there because the whole point of my 30/30 list is for me to do things that would require me to get out of my comfort zone. I'm not always going to like it but the goal is to prove to myself that I can do these things. And honestly? I struggled. I sat in my vehicle giving myself a pep talk to even walk in there. So the fact that I went both nights and I got through it in one piece thrills me to no end. Officially crossed off the list. :)

5. If I talked to you either on Friday or Saturday night it's because I happen to like you as a person. I have never been the person to be fakey nice to your face and then turn around and talk badly about you. And if some of the people who've done that very same thing to me knew that about me, maybe you'd feel differently. I'm sad that some people felt like I wasn't genuine or real with them because every one of my friends knows that's what I am all of the time.

So yeah. As far as I'm concerned- it's done. The reunion is done, the planners can take a vacation from working on details, the rest of us can go back to our families and the lives we've established since graduation. There are enough things to worry about in our own lives than what some random person writes on a blog.

Anyways. All done with that. Updates- so Domestic Bitch Friday is back, so expect another post on that tomorrow. :) This weekend there is a possibility that I will have no kids all day on Saturday. Matt and I have no idea what we are going to do but if it includes taking a nap I'm down with that. I have Olivia's birthday party invitations done and in the mail. I'll post what they look like on tomorrow's post probably. I'm going to be featured on a blog next week- and when I know the details I will let you know. :) But for now, I'm going to get ready to see Dinner for Schmucks with my sister-in-law Kate because she's awesome and it's been too long since our last movie date. Have a fabulous night lovers. :)

10 comments:

Annah said...

Just like high school. DRAMA! LMAO. Can't wait for mineeeeeeee. it's going to be EPIC

Shirley said...

Wow! Some people are lame and will read whatever they want into what you say. If they had ever read your blog before they would probably see that you are a Diamond Class Smart Ass! And if you wrote about certain people they shouldn't be doing anything that would make them embarrassed.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Yikes. High school drama 10 years later huh?

So excited for DBF tomorrow!

Natacha said...

Well said... I haven't seen anyone I went to school with since I left school in South Africa... and I don't have a desire too either...

Determination said...

I echo Annah--- sounds like a really immature debate--- high school drama--- I wouldn't have wasted my time even giving an explanation...

Sara said...

High school drama never stops. I'm glad you say things as you see them. :D I skipped out on my 10 year due to baby Jesse being born 2 weeks prior. There is talk of a 15 year, which means next summer. I'll probably try to get out of it too. The class party planner lives around the corner, I think I can dodge her for the next 10 months. :D

Amber said...

Yeah, the drama never stops for some people. Some people just thrive in bullshit.

I personally did not find your post attacking in any way at all, so was surprised by the comments.

Ruth said...

I just went back and read that post. Wow. It is true that some people are always going to think a comment is directed at them when it probably isn't.
I went to my 10th reunion. My 20th was just a few weeks ago and I skipped that one. My class believes the ultimate class reunion is to have it at the beer tent at the town's celebration days. I really didn't feel that I would be missed and I am pretty sure I wasn't. I didn't have fun at my 10th. Most everyone was the same, but I grew a lot after high school and I just was not comfortable.
I was no longer the quiet person that tried so hard not to be noticed so I wouldn't get picked on and no one seemed to know how to take me.

Chicken said...

You can take the kid out of high school but you can't take the high school out of the kid. The beauty of being 10 years older is not caring what people think of you anymore. If somebody has a problem, oh well at least you are being true to yourself. I'd rather somebody tell me like it is than be "fakey nice" and talk behind my back.

Ang said...

Good to know the drama never stops!