Friday, August 13, 2010

What? What? DBF back??

I know. What a fucking slacker. But seriously- I have had NO time for Domestic Bitch Fridays since the Never-Ending-Yard-Sale was happening. Cut me some mother effing slack yo.

But I have been busy so don't think my fam has been starving.

Let's start with my project first because I'm going to be all on my high horse here. Because I'm awesome. You see- I love Finny's blog. She's funny and snarky, she's a fab cook, she gardens, she sews, she seriously is 1000% cooler than Martha. Finny needs her own show. If I lived closer I would probably force Finny to show me everything she knows. But the thing is...I pretty much hate everything. Seriously- refresh yourself here. So while everything she does looks pretty....realistically- I'm gagging because it's all healthy and NOT a spicy chicken sandwich with no mayo or tomato with a large fry and a large coke from Wendy's. I clearly have my favorites.

But lambs/goats? This bitch trimmed green beans for an hour. I'm serious. I have more green beans than the Pilgrims had on the First Thanksgiving because my freezer is loaded. I can't even fathom everything I'm going to have to make with green beans. And I hate green beans so this should be fun.
So yeah. They came from a real garden and were dirty. This? Is a big fucking step. Have I mentioned that I hate the smell of fresh stuff?? I didn't realize green beans were...hard. The ones in the can or frozen are not as hard. Weird.

OK- there's more update on my love for Finny but that's going to be NEXT week's recipe. Trust me- stick around for that.

But my recipe this week was super yummy. Even though some of the ingredients with a * next to them, I don't like. But this? Was really good.

Lemon Chicken (out of a cookbook)
4 chicken boobs
1/3 cup lemon juice*
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper*
1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic*
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano

Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, cook it in a skillet. Meanwhile, mix the rest of the stuff in a bowl- pour over chicken.

Cook until chicken is done. I had 3 GIANT chicken boobs so I cut them up. And I had to use the whole red pepper because I knew it'd just go bad anyways. But I didn't taste garlic and I didn't taste lemon juice- but it was still good.

So let's look for some freebies:
Today Sponges: Seriously- any fan of Seinfeld HAS to get these.
Post it thingies: Because you need to be organized.
Cheetos Zingers: These might not suck.

OK- so that's it for this week. I'll be back next week with another episode of Domestic Bitch Friday. Are you doing this weekly challenge?

5 comments:

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Seriously I'm really sad that you dislike green beans... especially fresh ones! I could sit and eat those things ALL DAY. Yummy!

So glad DBF is back! I've missed it so!

SassySandySue said...

guess I'm now a follower of DBF :) so for the beans...add: velveeta, crispy bacon, green, white or spring onions, a sprinkle of garlic power and your yummy fresh beans into a sprayed baking dish...bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes...uncovered for the 15...some people like to add mushrooms which are optional :)

yuuuuuuuuuuummmm

Sandy A

Josie said...

Just a word to the wise-
DO NOT PUT VANILLA EXTRACT IN GREEN BEANS!

My grandma did this once when we all went to eat at her house. Two people actually threw up and the after taste lingers on your tongue and in the back of your throat for 3 days. No matter how much you brush/gargle.

thebigshowatud said...

i didn't realize it's so hard to prepare green beans. eh. good thing i don't really like them, anyway. ;) but your food looks delish!

FinnyKnits said...

I am so impressed right now. That is a legitimate meal with vegetables! Kicking ass, Sara - kicking ass.

Meanwhile, who would put vanilla extract on beans? That's absurd.