Seriously- this has been such a frantic week and weekend I don't know how many more of these I'm able to endure. Because at some point? I might actually collapse and die. Here are some of the highlights. Which means this list? Isn't all inclusive. Which for those of you with the vocabulary of Snooki means that there was a lot more in my week than this.
1. My mom had an unscheduled doctor appointment this week. And normally I try not to get freaked out by stuff but after my dad had his heart attack in May- it just made me realize that my parents aren't always going to be here. That they too have an end date and really? That's kind of a harsh reality check for 20somethings. The first wake up call you get that says hey- your parents are going to die someday- is hard. So while my mom appears to be ok I guess I think about that. Like, what would my plan be? I can't imagine not seeing or talking to her everyday. Ugh. Let's hope that I don't have to worry about this for a long time.
2. Then literally the next day I find out my sister in law, whom I adore and love to bits, was in ICU. She's a type 1 diabetic and went into ketoacidosis. Which is a fancy way of saying that her diabetes was way out of control. We almost lost her and honestly? I don't know what I would do without her. She's the closest thing to a sister I have. She's my movie buddy, my music swapping buddy, my reading buddy, AND she likes super inappropriate things just as I do. AND she's the only one who wasn't complaining watching Twilight, New Moon, AND Eclipse all in one night and all in a row at the theater. That? Is awesome. And I know awesome when I see it. So it sounds like she is in the mend and I hope that's true. Whatever led up this I hope it's fixed. Because again, I wouldn't want to lose her anytime soon either.
3. And completely unlike me, I thought about two weeks ago that hey- I should do something for my daughter's birthday. So I planned a birthday party in under two weeks but yet again unlike my usual organize everything down to the exact napkin- I did everything the night before. That's right. For those of you who follow me on Facebook you would have read the following: (keep in mind this is all after I stopped at the grocery store, Target, the party store, and Michaels for party shiz)
it's Olivia's birthday party today. Which means Sara Maniac Cleaning Mode is ON. Cleaned the carpet, swept/mopped kitchen/dining room, cleaned laundry room, 3 loads of laundry, cleaned bathroom, cleaned both kid's rooms, cleaned the book shelf, dusted, cleaned all of the windows. I still have to clean the floor in the... porch, clean the counters, prep all of the food. Oh, and then decorate and get party stuff ready.
Then I had to prep the craft table, get the rest of the food ready, do one last sweep and spot mom in the kitchen, porch and dining room. Then I cleaned the back porch. Then Matt and I got the yard set up and got the tables/chairs ready. THEN I started decorating. At the end, this is what I put up:
Olivia's birthday party was a huge success! Lots of food, cake, smores and then more cake. She got a ton of cool new stuff and is in love with her new clothes. We just had a fashion show. Thanks to all of our really fabulous friends and family who came- we know exactly how lucky we are to have you all. :)
But I'll post more on the party and some pictures tomorrow-- on her actual birthday.
4. So that was Saturday. After I paid the bills and ran a bunch of errands on Friday I played with the kids all afternoon. But that evening I was going to go for dessert with one of my bestest friends, Tammy. Now Tammy and I get into all kinds of fun when we're together and we can talk all night. It's probably a good thing we weren't friends during our wild and crazy years. :) But when we were out she decided she wanted to get her nose pierced again. She had it done before but her old job made her take it out and so it heeled up. But she's at a new job that doesn't care and I pretty much have nothing going on, so I decided that yeah- I'll go with ya. Moral support and all. Well I was *this close* to saying, "fuck the phone bill!" and getting mine done. But when she came out? Covered in blood. She, being like me (which is why we? Are great friends) is the 1 in 20 person who bleeds like a fucking attempted murder victim. But in the end- she debated on just trying the other side and I told her that she basically has nothing (except another 2 pints of blood) to lose. So she did and it looks awesome- no blood at all on that side. But then she kind of egged me on and I totally pussied out in the end. But then...I got to thinking about it...and I'm still debating it. I kind of want to but I'm such a chicken with needles. Which is good because at least my chances of becoming a heroin junkie are smaller. Bonus. Ugh. So now I'm debating.
Which is funny because I'll jump out of a plane without thinking about you know...possibly DYING...but I'm debating a piercing because I might get an owie.
5. I am overwhelmed by vegetables. So tonight?? I'm going to figure out what the fuck to do with 15 pounds of tomatoes. Not to mention the obscene amount of corn on it's way to me tomorrow. But I'll figure it out. I'm sick of buying produce at high prices. I? Am going to force myself to learn what exactly to do with all of it.
6. Oh- the weight loss? I've hit a plateau. BUT...I have a big update coming on that. Maybe Tuesday. ;)
OK- so question of the night-----do I get my nose pierced? Pros and cons, people.