Friday, November 19, 2010

Give Me A Quickie

Actually.... I'm going to give YOU a quickie. ;)

My night was blah. And I have a headache...teetering on migraine. Awesomesauce homie g's.

Basically Matt is crabby as hell which is always fun. The kids and I had our pizza and popcorn party (seriously) so we can watch the Christmas City of the North parade. I've actually marched in the parade enough times to know that standing next to the lake with a wind chill factor is not a good time. It's much better to watch it on tv in your living room.

In pajamas.

Eating pizza and popcorn.

And someday.... we may add adult beverages. Assuming my kids are of legal age and still living at home.

Anyways. So do you remember how I rambled about maybe seeing My Chemical Romance in December in Chicago? Yeah.. not happening. But I will see them in April in Minneapolis. This is awesome for lots of reasons and I'm just happy to have another concert to look forward to. Now if I can just find something between now and then.....

Oh! So last night I mentioned the Girl Talk competition I am having with my friend Matt... and I am kicking ass! I have five pages of songs/artists that I can figure out. I don't think listening to it again (it's a little over an hour long) will add anything more to that list. Some of the rap screwed me up but THANKFULLY the guy who mashes it is a fan of 80's and classic rock. I'm holding my own there. A lot of what I recognized I have in my own music collection so I'm confident I'm going to win.

Which is why I think we should have an awesome prize.

:)

I told him we should just do it now but he needs the weekend. I sent him a text picture of my list and it's pure intimidation. And here I thought I was going to lose. If I lose it'll be close. I'm not going without a fight hookers.

Anyways. So tomorrow I am going to do book reviews because I have four on my desk and I need to review them so I can move them to their home. Which currently is going to be on the floor. I need another bookcase.

AND... I am going to watch Harry Potter #5 and #6 this weekend. So I can see the new one which I'm hearing incredible reviews on. Some of you want to know how I didn't know I owned movies 1-5... and it's because I don't buy them. If I buy them, I know I have it. Matt has a way of buying stuff and hiding it and then all of a sudden I'm like, "whoa- wtf?" Oh- guess what else I'm going to watch to get my Robert Pattinson fix? My movie Robsessed. Shut your whore mouth (that's for you, Simple Dude!).... my sister in law got me that last Christmas and he's divine. *sigh*

OK- so there you go. That's my Friday post. I also got an award... which I will do on Sunday. I have to give you 10 things you don't know about me. HA! That'll be fun.

Till then...

Huzzah!

8 comments:

Anna @ the owl and the phoenix said...

I am newly obsessed with My Chemical Romance. SING from the album that's coming out on Tuesday is my current fav song =)

Aimee said...

I just got back from Harry Potter. It was fucking amazing. Like seriously awesomeness. and this comes from a very critical HP fan where it usually takes 3 times of seeing the movies before liking it so pretty awesome.

Pizza and Popcorn and a Parade...Spunds like a good time (except for you not feeling too well and Matts grumpiness

Brittany said...

I leee oveeee movie and pizza nights! There kind of my favorites! :))

Natacha said...

I love Harry Potter and I am going to see the new movie tomorrow... I am super excited. I also heard great reviews. Looking forward to the book reviews...

Odie Langley said...

I do hope you get to feeling better with the busy weekend here so take care and catch you later.
Odie

Drake Sigar said...

Let us know what you think of HP when you see it.

Miranda said...

I heart you. That's all. I never get sick of reading your posts. So there. Peace out home skillz.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I am so proud of you for getting through HP! Dustin and I are going to see it Sunday because of course I work this whole weekend. Ugh. I need to find myself a rich old dude who's about to die so I can marry him and get his money. Dustin wouldn't mind if I buy him some toys, right?