Friday, November 26, 2010

Hi, I'm not dead.

I am sorry I've been away. Us folk in America had Thanksgiving and then I've been puking. You've all managed ok but I see a few of you have gotten a bit loose so I'm back as your leader. So let's talk Turkey Day 2010..  round 1.

Round one consists of me cooking a bunch on Thursday, my mom contributing a turkey and dressing, and my Grandparents bringing a whole bunch of stuff too. My refrigerator is loaded down with enough leftovers to feed those poor assholes in Africa who refuse to just kill a fucking antelope or something but instead choose to beg every other country to help them.

First come, first serve, Africa.

But in between the cooking I get on the maniac cleaning phase. I was feeling a bit... um... homicidal towards Matt. You see, as I'm running around sweeping and mopping, and cleaning windows, and doing a total of TEN loads of laundry... then followed that with sorting out Jackson's toys upstairs... he's bitching about taking garbage out. Meanwhile, my hands are literally burning and peeling from all of the dishes I had done over two days so I took a break from that and sorted out the toy storage thing in our living room which has been annoying me to no end for months.

And then I organized my spice drawer.
 I can't even tell you how happy my heart is to see this drawer. I even cleaned out my spice carousel. It was such a great moment.

Oh- here was my audience and helpers when cooking. I have a Transformer with a broken shooter gun thingie and a mostly naked Strawberry Shortcake. She's wearing panties and shoes and frankly- it's all you really need in life.
 Dinner was awesome and it was fun to see all of my family here in my house. We all complained (loudly) about the lack of lighting in my kitchen (again) and if I get light fixtures for Christmas I won't be surprised.

Here's me and my little brother Travis... he's two years younger but way bigger than me. He cracks me up and I love spending time with him.
I had this awesome plan to provide you pictures of our feast but I totally forgot but here's what we ended up having:

Turkey (obviously-- and you can see it's dead body on my counter behind me in the picture)
Crockpot Stuffing
Gravy
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes (retard easy to make)
Green Bean Casserole (it's Matt's fav but I hate the smell of green beans.)
Cranberry Sauce
Deviled Eggs
Relish Tray
Cocktail Shrimp (drizzled with seasoning & lemon juice served with sauce sprinkled with diced cucumbers. I heard it was really good- but *gag* I don't do seafood)
Cornbread
Dinner Rolls
Baked Apples
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Corn

Um... I think that's it. And we had a marshmallow dessert my Grandma makes, pumpkin pie and a turtle pie. The turtle pie is so fucking good. I'm glad I found that recipe again. MMMMM.

So that's my Thanksgiving.

I woke up this morning to do Black Friday shopping- more on that... tomorrow? Probably. ;)

8 comments:

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Funny how you can be totally stressed out about cleaning for people coming over and take time to clean the spice drawer. I totally do that kind of shit lol!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Recipe for the roasted red potatoes please!

Aside from the throwing up in sounds like a not bad turkey day. But the throwing up kind of wrecks that.

Ruth said...

Never understood the fascination with green bean casserole. I think it is nasty and thankfully my husband does too so I never have to make it.
Good pic of you and your brother.

Jennifer Kay said...

Dude I would feed an African if she would just come over here and keep up on my laundry. If I did ten loads, I might have ten more...

Canadianbloggergirl said...

I waited for my invite to Thanksgiving...but it never came! Thanks for gloating about all your yummies you had!

just kidding...glad you had a great time!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Odie Langley said...

I think we all have the wrong idea causing us so much grief. Next year we should all decide to go to the local cafeteria, ours is K & W, who by the way will feed a family of 20 for $90 and includes all the usual Thanksgiving assortments including desert. They cook and wash the dishes. Can I get a big AMEN?
Odie

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Sounds like a delicious Thanksgiving.

I'm taking a break from packing & loading up the car for our trip home. I've been running around for the past hour gathering everything up, folding it, putting it in suitcases, checking drawers & under beds to make sure nothing is forgotten, dragging suitcases over by the door...

and no sooner do I sit down to read this than my DH gets up from the sofa where he has been sitting during all my rushing around and says "Well, aren't you going to help load the car?"

If I didn't hate driving on I95 I'd have killed him.

Mr O said...

I didn't get any cranberry sauce this year :(

I'm tempted to just go buy some and grub out till I get sick.

I love your supporting cast, haha