Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm going to make today better.

And I did. It was still a sucky day but it's getting better.

I figured that maybe if I got my creative side of my brain working again... I'll start feeling more normal. And it helped a little. So I made some ornaments. I'm not sure if these are going in my Etsy shop yet. If you want one..let me know. I can do blue, green and red.

 But basically they are plastic bulbs that I added ink and glitter to it. They are really pretty. I also give my Christmas gifts with a  gift tie on.. usually one I made.. and this is what I'm using this year. But if you want one let me know. :)

After I made a bunch of these.. I checked my email and mail. First off I got a couple of sympathy cards in the mail and that made me feel better. It's nice to know I have friends that understand that the loss of a pet is a big deal. So thanks to you ladies. And the vet sent us a card saying they felt bad Lenny died and it came with his paw print. Which I guess is nice. I'll give them that.

Then in my email one of my high school classmates sent me a card from BluntCards.com and I almost choked it was so funny:
And for those of you who are relatively new to these parts and have no idea what a nightmare my post about my reunion ended up being.. you need to go HERE and HERE. And then you'll understand why that card was super funny. Thanks, Brooke! :)

Finally-- some of you emailed me to see when I was going to put my Christmas/Holiday cards in my Etsy shop. So here's a set I finished today, you can buy them HERE. And I have my FREE shipping on orders over $20 going the entire month of November. So shop now lovelies. My last set of Thanksgiving cards are ghetto cheap and I marked down prices on a lot of stuff. I need to get some of this out of my house.
Beyond that... I feel like I have plans for this weekend but I can't remember them. So if I'm supposed to be doing something with you.. remind me. Because I forgot. Whoopsy.

I do have Olivia's conferences tomorrow. I'm super nervous. I'm sure she's fine but part of me thinks I'm going to get lectured on how Olivia shouldn't say stuff like, "Check yourself" or "whatchu talking 'bout Willis". She says it... we all laugh.. but I get how she probably shouldn't say it at school.

On a Jackson note, Uncle Karl taught Jackson how to say "I love beer pong" which is awesome for a 2 year old. It almost beats when Aunt Kate taught Olivia to say "cockroach" in a restaurant.

15 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

And there is nothing better than a father who goes to school three nights a week but still manages to teach my three year old "Mom, I don't need a diaper at bed. I promise I won't piss it!"

Nice.

DLK said...

That's so cute that she says "whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis" we say that in our house, too. Very sorry to hear about Lenny :( We are cat people and love our furry little friends! Have a great weekend!

Shirley said...

I can't believe you forgot. You were supposed to fly out to Arizona and teach me how to make awesome Christmas cards and ornaments!

prettylittlereckless said...

love the Christmas ornaments :) the green is my fav :)

It's hilarious when little kids say bad things. My coworker was telling me about his friend's kid. He calls socks "cocks" LOL. He's only 2 so I suppose he gets a pass, but still ;)

Odie Langley said...

Hey girl I just took a strol thru your shop and you are good. You have a great gift with creating lovely things. I'll pass the word. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Odie

Shutterbug Mama said...

I just checked out your etsy shop! OMG! There are a few things I need in my life. I need to get some funds together and place an order!

www.shutterbugmama2010.blogspot.com

Chicken said...

I heart your Etsy stuff.
I can't wait to teach my daughter all the things to say...I'll need ideas from you.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Lol I love teaching little kids to say funny things. My cousin in law has a 3 year old and we all are forever teaching him to say things he probably shouldn't.

I'm sure Olivia's conferences will be fine!

Drake Sigar said...

The reunion posts weren't that much of a nightmare. I've seen worse on kids shows!

Danielle said...

The ornaments are so pretty, Sara! I'm glad that you were able to get your crafty on and feel a little bit better! I hope today is another good day! xoxo

Helena said...

Ummm, remember? We had plans to get together in Pittsburgh this weekend?

jprp said...

how awesome are your chrismas ornaments?!!! youre brilliant!

That card from your highschool friend, brilliant also!

My bro in law decided it would be fun to have his sons first words be "Cheers Bitch" while clinking a beer can! Classy!

Glad things are looking up for you hunny, xx

Amber said...

Okay....haha. I taught my nephew to say "whatchu talking about Willis" and I thought I was the only one.

*sigh*

Glad to see I am not alone.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Love the blunt card too funny!

Oh, My Darling said...

The sparkly ornaments are such a wonderful idea!