Saturday, November 13, 2010

To-da-loo

Well happy fucking weekend my little lambwhores and goatsluts! :) You'll notice I didn't post some of my awesome for you last night... tis true....

But I was on a date with my husband! Yes! We went to a super romantic dinner to Burger King (seriously) and we went to the movies which was insanely crowded. We saw Due Date, which I've already seen and loved... but he hadn't. It was still just as funny the second time around for me. He liked it. It was so crowded though and I really expected the second Friday it's out to be a little slower but no. Which.. I guess is good for business but dang. It makes it hard to get frisky in a theatre when you have a coughing 250 pound man next to you. Kind of kills the mood, eh?

Anyways.

You won't get a post this evening BECAUSE I'm going to be at Krysten's house. It was supposed to be our blogger meet up but her new job wants her to come in for orientation, the same time as our meet up, so it kind of pushed to the side. But it's ok because we all understand the need for a job so till next time. But I'm still going to go down to her house this evening and she is going to school me in Harry Potter. To my fucking credit before you get all up in my ass about this, I HAVE seen the first two. And possibly the third but I can't remember. I know the first two were in the theatres on Thanksgiving. I remember this distinctly. Anyways. I haven't read the books and I can't because I've already started watching the movies. I'm kind of a crazy in that I can't read the book if I've already seen the movie. It has to be book first THEN movie/show. I don't know why- but it just has to be. But I'm still going to watch the movies. Krysten says I have to otherwise we can't be friends. Sad day. So I'm going to get schooled. We'll eat junk food and talk about boys being stupid. I'm excited.

What I'm NOT excited for is the fucking snow. I hate snow. I hate it with such a passion that every winter I contemplate leaving and never coming back. Matt can be my summer husband. Which is why I think I should take a cue from that show Sister Wives and find boys to marry. I'll marry like 3. Anymore than 3 might be tough. And they can be Brother Husbands and I'll have them spread out in the world. My winter guy OBVIOUSLY has to have a nice home somewhere warm. I'm taking applications....starting...... now.

But it's supposed to be snowing all day and night and like storm warning levels. I swear to you that if I get stuck in a blizzard you'll be happy I can't post. Anything that comes out of my mouth in a situation like that is something nobody should ever have to hear. And Matt can attest to that.

On Sunday Krysten and I are going to IKEA and Mall of America. It's going to be an impromptu gathering of MN/WI bloggers that are awesome. If you are in the area and want to join the group of awesome where we'll likely say dumb things and possibly get kicked out of both places.... let me know. Email me at slinkies_r_us@hotmail.com with your cell number and I will text you with the deets as I get them. That's right- straight from the source bitches.

Then I drive home after a day of shopping. I hope I'm not tired....because a lot drive in snow is HORRIBLE. If you've never done it...don't. It's not something I recommend.

So I'm off to pack. I have no idea what I'm wearing but I'll wing it as usual.

I hope you all have a fun weekend and I will be back with my awesome on MONDAY. :)

13 comments:

Just Plain Tired said...

Hopefully your weekend will involve as little snow as possible. We're supposed to see some this weekend too, but not the "sticking around" kind.

nightowlang said...

I've read all 7 of the Harry Potter books and seen all the movies so far, and I find both equally entertaining. I do like the books better which isn't surprising. To me, seeing the movies helps give you some visual/audio while reading. Apparently, I was pronouncing all the weird witchy terms wrong in my head, lol.

Drake Sigar said...

Indeed, snow should be eradicated. While everyone else was awwing as the snowman melted on Raymond Briggs’s classic animated film “The Snowman”, I was laughing maniacally.

Odie Langley said...

I don't like snow either. It is sunny and about 70 here in NC today and supposed to be the same tomorrow. We start out at freezing and by mid afternoon you need the air on. Hope your weekend is a good one.
Odie

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I want to murder ANYONE who says they like snow. Murder. Is not fun to drive in. It made the bottom of my pants all wet. And every time I let Monte out he comes back in and the carpet gets wet. I. Hate. Snow. Hate.

BUT I LOVE Sara and I am excited you will be here soon. If you get stuck I'll send Dustin to come get your (because he likes snow just a little bit more than me).

As for HP... you can get away with not reading the first 2 books. Honestly I can't re-read them anymore because I've re-read them so much AND seen the movies so much. But you MUST read 3 through 7. And if you don't cry at certain parts on 5, 6 and 7 (and possible 4 - the movie made me cry) I may wonder about you. Just saying.

Simple Dude said...

It would go against the Simple Dude philosophy to miss the Vikings game so even though you'll be in my city with an impromptu blog meet up I am going to have to miss it.

But I could not agree more with you on this snow bullshit. I woke up (hungover) to about 6+ inches of the mess.

SD
simpledudecomplexworld.blogspot.com

DLK said...

I'm still thinking about brother husbands....I kinda like the idea. One in Aspen, One in Paris, One in St. Kitts. Oh, wait. I want rich brother husbands...I have a feeling that's a little harder to find. :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I am not a big HP fan, seen a few of the movies, read a couple books...eh...it just doesn't do it for me. But I hope you have fun & don't have to drive in the snow

Annah said...

Haven't seen the books. Haven't read the movies.

Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

I've been drinking. Have fun with Krysten and enjoy the snow! It's 85 degrees in Miami today.

Shirley said...

I'm not a man or anything but I would consider being a brother husband. I just got back from Phoenix and it was 75 degrees all weekend. I wore shorts. It was awesome.

SY said...

lol.. you're 'fucking' hilarious...

i hate snow too.. i love hearing about married people on dates.. from a single-ish point of view, married people seem miserable but you seem very happy...

peace

Another David said...

I can't believe you're already getting snow. That's sickening. It was 39 here last week and I wanted to cut my fucking feet off so I had an excuse to stay inside. Sooo not ready for winter.

Oh, My Darling said...

The Mall of America!?! I'm super-jealous, I've wanted to go there ever since I first heard about it as a kid!