Monday, December 13, 2010

An example of awesome lambwhore/goatslut AND my rant on Etsy.

Before I start bitching about something that has sent me over the edge.. I'm going to show you what it means to be a fantastic lambwhore/goatslut. What it takes is paying attention to the stupidity I spew to you almost nightly. It takes some dedication and the balls to put a bunch of random crazy in one box.

You'll remember a few months ago Amber mailed me the biggest box of awesome ever. I'm STILL working through all the fun stuff she mailed me and every time I find something new I will confess my panties get a bit damp.


Matt and Jamie are besties in real life and I love them to bits. And even more because look at this crazy they mailed me:
That's right. NOT ONLY did I get scrapbook stuff, I got a to-do list calendar. AND I got sugar suckers AND mother fucking moon pies. But the topping? The best of it all? AA batteries. My heart nearly dropped and I almost pissed myself laughing so hard. I think I've texted both of them dozens of times about the high price of batteries and how my vibrators use them up a lot. So Jamie and Matt have ensured that my vagina will have a Merry Christmas too. And frankly? I don't know that you could ask for a better Christmas present than that. SO THANK YOU! I love you both a ton. I would squeeze your cheeks and give you sloppy kisses if I were there!

**

And in true Sara fashion, we're going to close up this post with a bitch fest.

You know how you buy stuff online and 99% of sites will send a "thanks for your order!" email and then usually tell you when you're going to get it? Well, Etsy doesn't. SURE.. you get the confirmation you paid. But as a seller and a buyer- I have a bit of a complaint. Every time someone buys from me- I send an email as soon as I see a sale has been made and say something like, "thanks so much- I'm mailing it today" or whatever. THEN I send them an email letting them know when I mail it and ask that they leave feedback or let me know they got it.

But honestly? I think few sellers do this. And that? Is really fucking RUDE. Like right now- I've purchased two things as gifts... and I have no idea if the seller got my order, are they mailing it, have they died, will I ever get it, nothing. No communication. And it makes it really hard for me to leave them a positive feedback because I think as a seller you have an obligation to communicate to your mother fucking buyer. Whorebags.

On the flip side, I got an email today from a buyer who tells me they didn't get their thing that I mailed a month ago. Just when I think things are running smoothly with the United States Postal Service, I am once again reminded that even though we drive in trucks and fly packages in planes... it's not any more reliable than a fucking pony with arthritis and 3 legs. Because it's still hit or miss. SO frustrating. So I feel horrible for this person waiting for this package that is probably in Sarah Palin's backyard and/or Russia- so I'm going to mail her a new one tomorrow. But I'm glad she said something to me because again, if you buy from someone- LEAVE FEEDBACK. I like to know if you got it, if you liked it, or what I could do better next time.

So yeah. I'm going back to the post office tomorrow which I have done every day for the last 7 business days. :/ Awesome.

10 comments:

AmberLaShell said...

I have never bought anything from etsy, but I used to buy things from ebay, and I would hate it when a seller wouldn't give me any feedback... Great post, and I only wish my vagina could have a big pack of batteries too... Those are some great presents!

amberlashell.com

Annah said...

Love this post. Matt and Jamie are too awesome.

jprp said...

i need matt and jamie friends! i havent quite got to the post office yet, so your pressie may be a little late... but hey, that just makes christmas last longer really, doesnt it?!!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Yeah I've never understood that about Etsy. I had a major run in with a seller that I bought a purse from and waited forever for. I finally emailed her and she acted like how dare I question whether or not she sent it. Like, hello, I have no way to track it, I have no idea when you sent it, I'm trying to be patient but its been two months. Seriously.

Meri said...

Frustrating! I get really anxious when I order things until they come, I'm a bit of a mail spazz

____j said...

I'm so glad you liked it!

prettylittlereckless said...

I've only bought from Etsy once before (although I've spied some serious amazing totes from sellers, cuz I'm totes crazy -pun totally intended, but really, I love totes) and I can't remember if the seller emailed me or not. I agree though- communication is nice. Even for ebay. I've sold, I've bought and I'm amazing at communication on there.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Why do you keep going to the post office? Will your mail person pick up packages for outgoing? Buy a cheap kitchen scale so you can weigh your stuff and mail it from home :)

Sucks when stuff gets lost. I only sold a few things on etsy. Need to try it again.

Mr O said...

To be fair, that was like 90% jamie and 10% me - I contributed the moon pies ;)

Another David said...

I think it'd be acceptable for you to email someone who you bought something from and ask if it'd been shipped. Also, you can leave them feedback and say, basically "I'm a seller too, and just a bit of constructive criticism: consider emailing the customer when you ship an order? It's frustrating to be on the receiving end and not knowing if/when something went out."

Also, this is like the worst time of the year for shipping things. Two of my roommates have gotten mail that was was OPEN, one of them thinks a check was stolen from there and another package from her uncle has gone missing. It's a jungle out there...