Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's Over. THANK GOD.

Folks, I'm glad Christmas is over. The last two days has been a complete marathon and it has only proven that I am no where near the shape I need to be in. At least to do Christmas with kids and a shit load of running around. Let's recap my last THREE days... shall we?

Thursday:
  • Figuring out what I have left to get for Christmas. Since apparently, I wasn't as done as I had previously thought I was in my semi-awake delirium.  
  • Pizza party with my Grandparents, kids, Matt, and my brother. We did a pizza/movie thing as our gift and it turned out to be really fun. Then we went and saw the movie Yogi Bear in 3D. It was pretty cute for being a kid movie.
Before the movie the kids wanted to ride these little rides outside of the theatre. Superior has a mall and it's not really a mall. There are maybe 5 stores in there. There's room for more but it's like every time a business goes in there it's doomed to die. So these rides have been there since at least the 80's.

I had to get a picture of the kids with their 3D glasses because they referred to them as sunglasses. It was pretty funny since Jackson thought he was hot shit with them.
Since we had so many people with us and few hands, carrying all of the popcorn, drinks, kids, and booster seats was kind of tricky. Especially when you have someone like me that once I start carrying things I start laughing. Uncontrollably and hysterically. To the point where I actually thought I was going to pee myself. But I managed to get what I had to our seats without spilling. But then I spilled most of the popcorn in my brother's lap trying to get some in the little bowls I brought for the kids.

Then the movie started and right away Jackson covered his ears. Any time something is loud- he covers his ears. It's so cute actually. He'd uncover one ear to get some popcorn but his hands would go right back up. And this was his first movie. He made it all the way until the last 15 minutes or so. Which wasn't bad.
  • After the movie we got the kids home and into bed. Then I met up with a friend from high school for dessert and conversation. It was so good to catch up with her, talk about the ten year reunion, etc. We ended up hanging out for four hours at Applebee's so that was fun.
Friday:
Well Friday was kind of insane. First off, I had a ton of last minute gifts to buy. Mostly because I got paid on Friday and I needed part of my paycheck to do that. So we had to stop at Walmart first to get some groceries I needed for Saturday. While I was there I realized that every freak in Superior was out and they were all at Walmart at 10am. I had one guy who ran around the store screaming Christmas carols at the top of his lungs and banging on my cart as he ran by. I had one woman pick up something in my cart and demanded to know where I found it. It was a toy so I told her that clearly, I found it in the toy department. Asshole. Then I gave up on a few things because so many people just stop their carts in the aisle and chat. Hi. If you are one of these people I automatically hate you. I was getting socks for Olivia and I've got my cart between two racks of clothing, nowhere near an aisle. All of a sudden, this lady comes and slams into my cart. She then proceeds to tell me to "watch where the fuck I'm going" and starts muttering in some nonsense language. I'm looking at her like she's just landed on the planet and say, "Really? Please tell me you have a mental health issue and are sucking up my taxes by being on Social Security." She starts talking in some bizarre language and then uses her cart as a skateboard. Um... WTF? I then get to the checkout only to have the cashier be super annoying. Like.. she's got a full Christmas ugly get up complete with a blinking nose and proceeds to start her necklace, which sings the Rudolph song, every time she starts a new transaction. Charming.

After that madhouse, we went up to Duluth. We had lunch at Wendy's, I stopped at Barnes & Noble to get a few gifts, then I sucked it up and paid to have someone wrap them since I had no time to run home and do it.

Then we drove out to Matt's parent's house. We spent the afternoon watching movies, had dinner, did gifts, and got home before the kids had a total meltdown.

When we got home I had a ton of cleaning to do, Matt put the baby gate up (more on that...tomorrow), we got presents arranged, the Santa cookie crumbs out, Matt chewed up carrots as proof reindeer were here, and we went to bed. Right before midnight.

Today:
I'll share pictures tomorrow, but the quick and dirty. We did gifts here, had a fun time. Then we went to my parent's house where the boys helped with a leak crisis, unwrapped more presents, had dinner, visited with grandparents, did even more presents, got home, kids to bed, I've cleaned up, written thank you notes, organized crap to get put away tomorrow, and now? I'm exhausted.

If I had more gumption I'd get stuff ready to take the Christmas shit down tomorrow. But I don't. I have a MAJOR task of cleaning kid rooms tomorrow and it's not going to be pretty. Thankfully.. Matt is home to kind of help or at least keep the kids out of my way, so we'll see. Next week? Is insane. I'm secretly glad I'm off of work until Jan. 3 now. *sigh*

Before I share what I got (tomorrow)..... what did you get? :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Kay said...

Ryan saw his very first movie last week too! Yogi Bear.

Okay so I open up a little gift bag that is hanging on the tree for me. Small = good, right? It's a purplish beaded necklace and matching earrings from Kohl's and it was cute so I say "Oh wow, you did a really good job" and he's got a smirk.

We've been married long enough for me to know what he's done. I say "Somebody gave this to you." and he said "Well Pam at work got it from her secret santa and she thought it was ugly so I said I think Jen will like that".

And he took Pam's name off the bag and gave the mother fucker to me.

Merry Christmas.

Canadianbloggergirl said...

I got a GPS system and a gift card to a clothing store, and some chocolate.

I myself am kinda glad xmas is all over with. I now have to focus on my daughter's 3rd bday (the 11th). The bday presents are bought, but I need to get the invites/balloons, cake mold/candles/party bags etc.

Btw, tons of compliments on the xmas cards I bought from you! So thank you for your time and efforts on making them!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Yay Yogi Bear! My family and I used to go to Jellystone Park in the Dells when I was a kid so I feel like I have to go see the movie.

My parents went insane and got us a TV for our bedroom. SO nice. And my inlaws got us a $150 credit towards a B&B in Stillwater and a gift card for a restaurant in Stillwater as well. Plus a lot of little things too.

Sounds like a good but insane Christmas!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I'm so glad we have a Target. I didn't buy any Christmas presents in Wal Mart this year because 1.) It's freaking insane in there and 2.) I hate when people stop in the middle of the aisles!