Sunday, December 26, 2010

More Christmas.

Folks- our Christmas was busy, insane, and full of garbage. Literally. Both of our cans is full. But I am going to give you as many pictures as I can so you can see how our Christmas Day went down:

First, we woke up. Wait-- let me back up.

I need to tell you that Olivia? Is terrible at keeping secrets. She's almost worst than me when it comes to surprises. We just can't handle it. So last year when she came down and woke us all up with the presents spread out I knew this year I had to fix that.

So Matt installed the baby gate at the top of the stairs. And at 7 am we heard both kids screaming, "MOM!!! Help!!! We're trapped!!"

Bwahahaha!!

But we went and got them at 7:30 and they were back in the rooms pretending to be sleeping. Turds. So here they are coming into the living room:
 Both kids were thrilled. Because we're broke this year our Christmas was slimmed down but each kid ended up getting 7 things total from Santa. Here is Olivia with the coveted Polly Pockets. Both kids love these and you can't have enough accessories. <-- Life lesson right there.
Jackson lost his shit over getting the Toy Story 3 movie. He started jumping up and down and shoving it in everyone's face. HAHA!! It was pretty damn cute.
 The big deal for me was the gift I got Matt. I have been DYING to squeal, even to all of you, what I got him since Black Fucking Friday. We normally don't exchange gifts because we can't afford it and we don't need anything. But this year? I knew I had to get something awesome. He really did a lot this year, not just for the family but for me. For one, he let me quit my full time job where I was bringing in great money to eventually take on a part time job which is great and I love. I'm not making that much less actually but still. For awhile we had no idea what we were going to do but we both knew I couldn't keep going back to the bitch hole that was my other job. And then he started working 70 hours a week because we needed the money. And then we had the whole Lenny situation.

So I knew I wanted to do something big. So I partnered up with my brother, who fronted the money for an Xbox 360. Not only did he front the money- but he was at Target at 3 am to stand in line and get it. I've had this gift under the tree since then and I've been DYING to not drop any hints. But I did such a good job and Matt's face made it totally worth it.
 So after doing Christmas at our house we went to my mom's house which is only a few blocks away. Holy shit- she did SO MUCH for the kids. My mom spoils them more than I do and by the time they got there the kids were in heaven.

Olivia got a bunch of cool stuff but she was excited about a big girl puzzle:
 Jackson got a toy microphone so they can do "shows" for my mom:
 And both kids got bath robes which was hilarious because they were SUPER excited about them. My brother got them little 3 wheel scooters so they were excited. Matt will have to put them together soon and they can practice inside before spring and they go outside.

I got my brother a marshmallow shooter gun (and sadly, I tried HARD to get one for my friend Matt but they are no where to be found. I'm seriously bummed because that thing? Is full of fucking awesome.) Anyways. Here's my mom's house an hour after we got there. Totally trashed.
 Oops- Jackson got a bunch of train stuff so he's totally set. He was really excited.
Can we talk about how much I hate opening toys and putting them together? Because Santa brought Olivia a Barbie Cruise Ship (that came with a disco ball and a six pack. Seriously.) and the amount of stickers to put on it? INSANE. It took me an hour to put that piece of bitch together and get the stickers put on the right way. Then when I got to my mom's house I had to put together a Barbie Vacation Home and again, the stickers were killing me. And the fact they showed the three bulb light fixture in different rooms doesn't help. Because it ultimately ended up going in a room not pictured. Get it right you stupid Chinese kids! Fuckers.

Anyways. Every year I try to get a picture with my brother because I love him so and he's awesome. He's easily one of my favorite people and one of the ones I have the most fun with. Why yes, I AM wearing my Griswold Family Christmas shirt.... :)
 Then I try to get one with Matt. But we never take a serious one because he's too cool for school so here's the boob grab picture.
And yes. I should maybe tell you what I got this year, hmm??

Well.

I got..

1. A nook (do you have one? We need to share books.)
2. A black pearl necklace from my mom (gorgeous)
3. A set of cherry measuring spoons AND cups from my parents (love these!!!)
4. An Edward/Robert Pattinson doll from Kate. Love it. He's obviously my date for the Breaking Dawn movie in November.
5. A bunch of other stuff I loved and needed that you won't care about.

But most importantly......

This bitch got a WEBCAM. That's right whores! I'm coming to a blog near you live! Well, not really live.. but kind of. You'll get to see more of my crazy. Once I figure out how to to work the fucking thing I'll be doing my Dear Sara posts via that. At least those. We'll see.

But I can't do a Dear Sara without questions. Email them. Now. slinkies_r_us@hotmail.com

10 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas.

Danielle said...

Well, since I already stalked you down on Facebook and told you how excited I am about your Nook gift! We need to figure out how to share books asap! :) Looks like you had a great Christmas!!! The kids are adorable!!!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oh your Christmas looks so fun. And that is hysterical that you put the baby gate up. Damn hysterical.

And yay for getting a Nook! I am UBER jealous!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

You got a bunch of nice stuff for Christmas! I almost bought that shirt too!

Natacha said...

Sounds like you got spoilt this Christmas! I have a kindle, not a nook, either way, these are awesome devices... I love mine.

Ang said...

sounds like a simply awesome Christmas!

Just Plain Tired said...

What a nice bunch of happy people in your pictures. Glad you had a great Christmas!

nightowlang said...

Yeah for the Webcam. My mom got me one too so we talk to see each other Christmas morning :).

I hate the packaging that kid's toys come in and hate putting a lot of it together. I actually did it ahead of time and left the stuff unwrapped. (I wrapped the "easy" stuff though) Good thing because it took me 3 hours to put together my son's Playmobil school set, it was over 450 pieces.

Love your Griswold T-shirt. I have one of the rant that he does--"I wanna look him straight in the eye....where's the Tylenol?"

Paige said...

webcam!!! hell's to the yes!

Jackie said...

I love your pictures! I am so glad you had an amazing Christmas. I am in the process of saving money to buy myself a nook... at some point in the future. So jealous of yours :)

Come visit me at http://jax9126.blogspot.com/