God- just the thought of this is making me scream in happy anticipation!
For those of you who are new to these parts, you need to catch up with us. If I've completed it- I've linked up to that post and you can go there and read the hilarity you know happened. (And for the record- my big 3-0 happens on March 10, 2012 so I've got time.)
1. Go kayaking
2. Go parachuting
3. Go on a sailboat ride
4. Write a book-- in progress
5. Take the kids to Disney World
6. Try snorkeling again- try not to drown
7. Learn how to play one song on a piano
8. Take a road trip with friends
9. Go to Las Vegas with Matt
10. Complete a 5K-- I'm training. Kind of.
11. Learn how to knit something
12. Attend my 10 year High School reunion
13. See 10 concerts before I’m 30: Kings of Leon (Minneapolis), Paramore, Muse (Chicago), Kings of Leon (Chicago), Lilith Fair, Maroon 5, Anberlin/Civil Twilight/Crash Kings, Muse (Minneapolis), and in 2011 I have My Chemical Romance coming in...April.
14. Go on a helicopter ride
15. Dye my hair
16. Trip to another country (Canada counts) (this is hopefully happening Fall of 2011)
17. Lose at least 15 pounds
18. Go camping. Outside. In a tent. (Happening Summer 2011)
19. Visit the Grand Canyon
20. Wear a bikini (preferably after losing the weight) (note to self: being drunk may help)
21. Read 300 books before I’m 30
22. Create a family tree book for the kids
23. See the Northern Lights
24. Go tubing and/or canoeing
25. Take kids to the Wisconsin Dells
26. Hike through the sea caves in the winter
27. Road trip weekend with Matt to anywhere
28. See a waterfall I’ve never seen before
29. Try skiing
30. Be happy
Holy fuck... linking everything sucks.
But on my list is a roadtrip with friends, wearing a bikini, try snorkeling, etc. I also wanted to celebrate the dirty 30 with a party with awesome people. But because I like to be an over-achiever and I have friends all spread out that I know aren't going to come to dump hole Wisconsin even if it WOULD be the party of their lives... I thought, "Hmm... let's have a never-ending party". And THAT'S WHAT WE'RE DOING.
You know I love you all and many, many of you talk about wanting to meet up and I love road trips. And I have a few friends who are crazy enough to want to join me on a massive road trip. I've always wanted to do a cross country drive... so I'm doing it.
That's right whores! This leader is setting off on the road beginning March 1, 2012! It seems far away...and it kind of is. BUT I need all the time I can get to plan and save money. The trip route destinations are as follows: (leaving Wisconsin)
It's fucking MASSIVE and going to be awesome. Right now I have my friend Lisa and my sister in law Kate on board. I'm going to kidnap them and make them come. I need a fourth person for sure for this trip and I'm working on that. I'll be driving and we're going to have fun.
But this is where you come in. Do you live in any of these states? We are looking for really fun things that are low cost and/or free to do. Where are some nice places to stay for really cheap? Do you have a hotel hookup? LET ME KNOW. I need to get this trip to the least expensive experience as possible. Obviously it's going to be spendy... but I want it to be a fun trip that I'm going to look back on and absolutely love and be thankful that I did it.
Overall, I expect to be gone for about 7-10 days at the most. Anything beyond that would get to be a bit much and we might not really do much in a few stops. Like Mississippi isn't screaming to me, but since we're in Alabama-- we may as well drive to MS to say we've been there and then to LA. My friend Lisa would like to cross off SC, MS, LA, AL off her list since she's seen a lot of the continental US and would like to say she's been to all of them. So maybe we just stop and get our picture next to a sign? Who knows. We are in preliminary planning stages right now, but I would like input. What do you think would be fun?
As we get closer to the date, for those of you interested in hanging out with me and celebrating my birthday, information will be provided. If you are in the area- I for sure expect you to come and see me. Otherwise I'll be pissy.