Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How do you say it? And some cleavage.

Hey biznitches! I bet you thought I forgot about you! But that's not the case. My phone has been blowing up with text messages today, I had some stuff to finish AND I did a vlog for you.

Aw... it means I really love you.

First thing is first- MY VAN WINDOW IS FIXED. I have exactly $3 to my name until the next payday on February 5th and that's scary, but the most important thing is that I am no longer at risk for frostbite on my ear or neck! YAY!! I'll take a picture of it in it's glory and tell you the story about it... tomorrow most likely.

Anyways.

So on Jamie's blog today I saw she did this super adorable vlog of her saying words and you can get a kick out of her adorable self and southern accent. If I didn't already want to eat her already this video sent me over the edge. She's adorable. Seriously.

But I wanted to do the challenge because a lot of you made comments about my accent and how I say stuff so I thought oh fuck it- let's do this shiz. ;) If you have a webcam.. I want you to do this! And send me a link at: sarastrand9438(AT)hotmail(DOT)com so I can see it!



Say these words: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught (in the video I sound like I said "cunt" and I swear to you it's me saying "caught". HAHA!!)


Now answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
**
OK. Like I said- if you have a webcam.. do this and then post your link in the comments section. I want to see/hear you! It'll be fun! And it's totally ok if you make fun of how I sound. After listening to it... I kind of do sound weird. I'll give you that. :)

20 comments:

Kendra Smith said...

Thank you so much for the birthday card! It made me smile. :)

Organic Meatbag said...

Damnit...naturally, videos are blocked here at work, so I can't hear the words...or view the...uhhh, well, ya know... I have never seen any of your vlogs for that matter...what have I been missing? I'ts like I've been carbon frozen for about a year...

Oilfield Trash said...

YAY congrats on getting your window fixed.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I keep meaning to do this, I'm just too lazy!

Sarah said...

I love vlogs like this, but I'm at work, so can't watch right now. :)

http://lifewithconnorandthetwins.blogspot.com

vickilikesfrogs said...

Haha, I already know from the questions that I would definitely get made fun of! Us Southern gals...

Jessica said...

Ok Sara.. if I can get up the courage I might just have to do this challenge. I am from Tennessee and have lived all over the country. My vocabulary and the way I say things reflect this because my husband that is from the NW makes fun of me on a daily basis (even though I am slowly converting to NW lack of dialect). Ill let you know if I can do this. :)

Josie said...

Ahh! I want to do this. I have a "webcam" thingy.....I'll have to see what I can do. I'm from Northern Utah and people ALWAYS make fun of how I say things.

Danielle said...

Love when I get to see your cute little face :) I might brave and try to do this, but I can't do it right now because I'm supposed to be doing homework. *sigh* I hate wasting nap time doing homework. Whatever, I guess.

kimberrleigh said...

I don't make fun of you because everyone would probably think I'm a freak with how I speak.

I'm gonna try and do this at work tonight, I think I'm gonna be alone so if someone comes in they'll probably think I'm a freak of nature, but regardless I'll try and do it. :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Congrats on getting your window fixed!

I'm going to try and do this tomorrow but my vocabulary wanders around because I spent the first 25 years of my life in a northern state and the past 18 years in a southern one.

Ang said...

Sara - retard is NOT PC. ugh. You disgust me.

and you should have added the word bag - that the one I get teased for most. nice answers although, i'm not sure what the other half even calls some of those things - sunshowers, t.p.ing, rollie pollie.

prettylittlereckless said...

I was thinking about doing this :) Still might.... passworded of course to remain "anonymous" :)

Julie said...

Hi from Mingle Monday. You sure are a cutie. Love the VLOG. Wish I had the cojones to do video of myself 'cause I would totally participate in your little challege. I'm from the northwest, though, so I'm sure my speech is perfect and I have no accent what-so-ever. Lol!

Deeds said...

ok i fixed my video!

____j said...

Yay! I'm glad you did this. And I think it's absolutely hilarious that you think I'm cute as a button. I don't think you talk retarded, but your accent reminds me of the movie New in Town. So now my question is...do you say "doncha know?"

Mr O said...

Yea, you definitely have that northern accent. You had some of my answers but some I had never heard of (what's a channel box haha)

I guess if I did, should I show some cleavage too?

Jandy xx said...

I'm gonna check out my webcam tonight and see if I can play! how fun, you are so gorgeous! when i went to school in america people would make me say "temperature" apparently it sounded fun!

Organic Meatbag said...

I finally got to watch the video... *sigh*...adorable... hehehe

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I was just thinking oh this is so cool I should do this! Then I remembered I don't have a mic! I guess I need to pick one up :)