Thursday, February 24, 2011

Models, Jesus, High on Life


A couple of weekends ago my friend gave her daughter a birthday party at the aquarium in Duluth. I realized I forgot to share any pictures of that with you, but if we're friends on Facebook you can see them on there. (And if we aren't- be my friend.)

 This is probably my favorite picture of me and the kids ever. We had a super fun time at the aquarium. I think Matt was bummed he didn't come after all because the kids wouldn't stop talking about all the fun they had. The highlight was definitely Jackson during the otter show. We were right up front listening to the lady's presentation on otters and stuff- and there he is, sitting on my lap/lounging with his hand down his pants. *sigh* I know it's a boy thing but seriously. And every time I tell him to get his hand out of his pants he says "feels good". Awesome. So that's proof they are born with the urge to play with their penises. Watching otters or not.

Then I was driving today and yeah. I see this.
 If you can't read it the sticker on the left says "Yes Lord, We Will Ride With You!" and the one on the right says "Pray First Then Vote". And if there is any question at all as to why the country is in the shape we're in, that pretty much sums it up.

Then today I get home to see a guy in our neighbor's yard having the time of his life. First it was him playing air guitar (with no music) in the middle of the street. Then he was sitting on a tree stump playing with the broom. Then he started ice skating in the yard with his work boots or something on. Here he was trying to do a fancy twirl while rocking out to music that wasn't playing and he almost fell. Two hours this went on. At least. So either he found the drug houses in our neighborhood or he's high on life.
In somewhat related news, I actually did my walk/run today. Normally this isn't worth mentioning but I did it outside today because the sunshine made me delusional thinking it was warmer than the 23 degrees it really was. The other thing to note is that I ran .25 mile. Granted, not a big deal. What makes it a big deal is that I did it and A) didn't die B) didn't end up in the fetal position at the end of .25 mile and C) didn't have to stop for dry heaves.

After that I decided I was just going to walk because my lungs were making it clear they had no interest in my running and didn't care to be outside anyways. While on the last stretch of my walk, I hear my neighbor on a walk of his own. Mostly because he was singing really loud (despite the fact I had my iPod on) and was going "ugh, ugh, ugh". Yeah. I didn't see him but I heard him for a couple of blocks. And if we're being honest? I now know why people own face masks. I have been in the house for 2 hours now and my face STILL hurts from being so cold and my thighs are just now feeling normal. They were pretty numb when I came in. So even though I froze my ass off, I got my workout in and it didn't require me to fuckmill it. Score.

Tomorrow is our Dear Sara post BUT if you have a question you'd like to get answered- send me a note at sarastrand9438AThotmailDOTcom.

14 comments:

Rebel Mel said...

Hi! So, I was going through my crafty stuff and I have a lot that I don't use. I was thinking of doing a craft exchange with some pals. Interested? Shoot me an email at m3lissa.ann@gmail.com

Also, changed my domain to omgawesome.net, so if you subscribed to me through a reader before, you've probably been missing my posts for a few months! Resubscribe!

Oilfield Trash said...

Hey a 1/4 mile is a good start. You ran further than I have in years.

Just Plain Tired said...

That's a nice picture of you and the kids. It's way too cold to think about any type of exercise outside in my opinion.

Deeds said...

he found the "good" drugs.

Charles said...

this blog is hilarious, I am glad I found it!

I agree with the bumper sticker thing...

Penny said...

If it helps, my 25 year old boyfriend still does the same thing as your son, otters or not. Sigh.

;)

http://dancinginbarefeet.blogspot.com/

Katie P said...

keep it up on the running! besides sucking balls it really is an awesome way to get healthy. i have a tip if you wanna try - it took me from running a quarter of a mile and feeling like death to running 2 miles and still feeling like a human....i started a pattern while i ran. anyone can run - it's all about the breathing (or gasping). you will feel like a complete doosh - but let's face it we're running so beauty isn't what we strive for. here is the pattern
it kind of sounds like lamaze breathing (but we know that shit doesn't work during labor) it does work during running. in ~in ~ out. and the first in should coincide with your foot landing on the ground, the second in should go when your other foot lands on the ground and then the out (exhale)when your foot hits the ground again. sounds odd and feels odd when you first do it b/c you kind of have to OVER DO IT when you start b/c it's like retraining yourself on how to run. good luck!

Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

My almost 2 year old daughter is *discovering her orafaces* and every morning I find her in her crib with her hand down her diaper. Ugh.

G said...

Good start on the 1/4 mile...I started running last year and couldn't even manage 100 yards...now, having built it up slowly, I can comfortably run 4 mile and at a push 7 mile...

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Yeah that guy is so on drugs.

My husband thinks he's all political. I keep telling him he should become catholic and protest outside abortion centers so he can truely call himself republican.

Amber said...

That picture of the dude is so much clearer than what you sent me via text......but it didn't matter. I laughed then and I am laughing now. I'll have what he is having.

PS: LOVE that picture of you and the kids!!

Ang said...

You have some strange neighbors!

As I've stated on facebook - that pic of you and the kiddos is simply adorable!

Sadako said...

Whoohoo! Good on you for going on a walk. Agree with you on the face mask thing.

Typical Suburban Family said...

Great picture of you and the kids! I hardly have any of me and my boys. I haven't been to the Duluth Aquarium in a long time. I might have to take the boys when we come up to Superior for a visit this summer. Fun idea!