Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dear Sara... it's back.

Sorry for the unintentional hiatus.. but I'm back. And I got some good questions this week. :)

1. Do monkeys fly? No. If you see this, hide under a table and call 911 immediately.

2. Why do I always end a text with a smiley face or a "ha ha"?  I don't know. But you never end your texts to me with that. Clearly I'm not on your awesome list. Loser.

3. Why did zooba pants go out of style? Because they were heinous. And I'm probably one of a few people who can proudly say I never wore them. But I will admit to jumping the equally lame flannel pants trend in high school.

4. Whatever happened to MC Hammer? Well he's obviously broke. Then he went gangsta which.... right. You can't be praising Jesus holding a Glock. It just send mixed messages and really? Who is your audience?? Then I think he went back to praising Jesus 24/7, like a preacher or something. For all I know he's the guy on the corner by my grocery store saying he's a disabled vet and homeless (yet he's wearing very expensive clothing to be pulling that scam.)

5. Psychics- real or fake? I don't know. If you are seeing them at a county fair-- probably fake. If you are seeing them in the middle of the sidewalk... probably fake. But if you are brave enough to venture into the swamp to meet one... maybe real. Because psychics are kinda crazy and I'd expect them to live in a swamp.

6. Would you ever want to live until you were 150? What would you do? It depends on my body. Like, I wouldn't want to be 150 with a frail and deteriorating body. Now, if I had my current body and 150 and I didn't have to worry about breaking a hip.. maybe. But once stuff starts failing... let me go. But no matter how long I live, I want to be doing awesome and fun things my whole life.

7. Biggest lesson you learned as you have gotten older? Apologize when you need to. Learn when you're wrong and accept it graciously and apologize accordingly. And be sincere.

8. Do you think it's ever ok to wear flip flops to a dressy event? My friend and I are arguing about this. Um, not unless you're white trash and going to a block party in the middle of the trailer park. Dang. There are enough strappy and heeled sandals out there that you can wear that you don't have to resort to the $2 Old Navy flip flops. Have some class.

9. My husband wants a dog. I don't. He's hardly ever home so I would be the primary care taker of this animal. Should I give in? No. My thing is that if you want a pet, you need to take care of it, not pawn it off on someone else. Unless we're talking about my dream of fainting goats in which case I only want to clap and make them fall over while Matt takes care of them. But he knew that when we got married. I don't do pet care. :)

and for a vlog question.. (ps) I'm trying to grow my bangs out so this is how you'll be seeing me for like... 2 years I'm sure. Should I continues.. or go back to having my regular ol' bangs?

16 comments:

Josie said...

Do it! Your bangs look awesome pulled back.

And I totally agree with you on the psychics thing.

Classic said...

I'm so totally with you on the longevity thing... I'd rather die young than have a long and boring life, haha!

(I guess I'm with you on the "haha" thing as well...)

The Restaurant Manager said...

Great post! Loved it!

~Wendie said...

YOu rock and I love your blog! can't wait to see more!

LBDDiaries said...

Love these questions and answers! Very funny!! Visiting from LB Tea Party and am going off to check out some of your other posts. Love the Vlog, too!! I like that we can "see" your confidence and humor!

Debbie said...

Following from LBS. Smart-assery always works for me :)
Debbie from nofiltermom.blogspot.com

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Great Vlog!! Love it!

MC Hammer actually lives in my little town! He's not totally broke since he drives a Hummer lol. At least one of his kids goes to the same high school as my daughter.

prettylittlereckless said...

Oh helllll no. Freshman year of college is the hardest! Socially speaking. Well and maybe academically, because you're slapped in the face with actually having to do real shit for homework and get good grades. Seriously- don't eff up your freshman year classes. You WILL fully regret it 2-3 years later when you're a junior looking back at how much you SCREWED yourself and your GPA. Anyways- socially- it's also the hardest year. You are,quite likely, in a new environment. You have no idea what's going on and you want nothing more than a group of friends and to fit in and have fun. It will happen. Don't be shy. I know it's hard. But like Sara said, FAKE IT. Find someone to strike up a convo with. It might be over something from class or you're hanging at the student union sitting by someone and you both see someone who's clearly on crack and you joke about it with them and just keep the convo going. idk. That's sorta how I made friends in college. And roommates in the dorms. Just know who you are. I think we spend so much time in HS etc trying to be someone we're not just to get people to like us and that's bullshit. The BEST part about college is being able to really pick your friends. So fake it if you need to or find something you're really good at and be confident in that.

ps- Sara, I wanna see a psychic on our road trip, but there will be no swamp loving psychics for me. :)

StephAbbott said...

Dropping by for the Tea Party Social, Sara, and loving your sass! BTW, It feels like monkeys are roosting at my house right before the mother-in-law arrives. Perhaps I should visit a swamp? ;)

elaine Gallagher said...

"Fake it till you make it' SUCH GOOD ADVICE....

Jenner said...

Great blog! I am a new follower from the Lady Blogger's Tea Party. :)

Deeds said...

aww i love your vlog.

sherice said...

I am sooo happy i clicked on your video. Thanks for your perspective.

Your newest follower-Lioness

lionessrebirthorg.blogspot.com

yassmina said...

Hi Sara! Dropping by from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party!
I'm so glad I found your blog - it's awesome!

JUST ME said...

I think most psychics are fake, but some are real.

Usually the ones who answer the door with a towel on their head in leopard print slippers are real. It's just how they roll.

TheProDiva said...

Hi! Stopping by from the Lady Blogger's Society Tea Party, and I am sooooo happy I clicked on your link! I am an instant fan...you are He Larry Us! Following Now!