Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Giving Back Baby!

This weekend I was going through my Google Reader and I came across the Wee Memories challenge for this week and saw that they talked about Operation Write Home. And I got inspired.

This is part of a set I made that is now in my Etsy shop, and it's my submission for this challenge.
But as I was doing it I decided that I'll make a few more to send to Operation Write Home. And I also decided that for every purchase in my Etsy shop I will send 2 cards to Operation Write Home.

And then I got to thinking- I have always donated to a variety of causes and tried to help others out. I have been so fortunate over the last few months by practical strangers that I want to do more to give back to others. I feel so strongly that people should still mail handwritten letters to friends, to family, for thank you's, for thinking of you's, for a whole variety of reasons and this just hit a chord with me. I think of all of our troops who are overseas who have family back home that would love to hear from them and this is such a perfect opportunity to do it.

So spread the word! Every purchase out of my Etsy shop: http://scrapinsara.etsy.com/ will mean that TWO cards (of my own expense to make and mail) will go to Operation Write Home for our troops. :)

Stay tuned.. I have a few giveaway's coming soon.. maybe one tonight yet?? ;)

6 comments:

Lost.in.Idaho said...

This is an awesome idea for a worthwhile cause. I'll do my best to spread the word!

AmberLaShell said...

those are so cute, and it's great for you to give stuff away to a good cause. go you!

AmberLaShell Rants
AmberLaShell's Naughty Nights

Brooke said...

Very nice. As a military spouse I can assure you that getting a card in the mail is a wonderful thing.

Giovana said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for supporting OWH and joining us at Wee Memories.

prettylittlereckless said...

your cards are always so cute! :)

Dana Leigh said...

So awesome of you to do that! I've written more cards/letters/thank you's this year than I have in many years combined. And that's partly due to your beautiful cards and stationery!