Thursday, March 3, 2011

I kind of rock.

First off, I want to apologize to those who have awarded me on your blogs. I've seen them.. hopefully I commented on them, and I'm sorry I'm kind of behind on posting them.

And of course I can't remember all of them I have gotten over the last month or so, and I had a little note card making a list but yeah. The kids helped me "clean" so that, along with a few receipts are gone somewhere. So without further ado... I'm going to try to remember who gave me what, when, and do my best to fulfill my duties.

Neal. mmmm... I love me some Neal. He's one of my blog besties. He's going on a trip soon and I'm hoping he brings his laptop to tell me of his fantastic travels (and hopefully the shenanigans he'll surely partake in) because I'll be jonesing for my Neal gossip. He gave me the 4truths/1lie thing and ugh. I don't know if any of you would pick out the lie... so I'm going to be a rebel and skip it. Neal can hypothetically spank me. HA!

CanadianBloggerGirl gave me the honor of being the first recipient of her very own award. Which is pretty damn cool I must say. And I got that on the eve of my guest post on her blog... about my fears of Canada. It's a vlog post and so if you want to see me in my irrational state- now is your moment. Matt said he feels like it captured me and what he deals with on a daily basis. I'm still trying to figure out if that was some kind of insult? I am supposed to give this to a blogger that is near and dear to me, someone I think about when I'm not blogging. It's going to be a tie (because I rock) and it's going to be Matt and Jamie. I've been blogger friends with them for over a year, and I feel like if I lived near them we'd be really good friends in real life. I love hearing from them, texting back and forth, and sending them each happy mail. Probably the two most favorite people I know but haven't met.

Ang gave me an award today (see... I'm trying not to be a slacker). Marie also gave me an award with similar rules. I'm supposed to give you 7 random facts about me. Honestly? This is kind of hard because I've gotten a few of these before.. so if some of these are repeats then you'll have to just deal with it. ;)
  • The one thing guaranteed to make me happy is shopping. It can be shopping for toilet paper and just making a purchase calms me down.
  • I love, love, love brand new socks and underwear. If I could buy new stuff every day I totally would. I also love when my bra and panties match.
  • I shave my legs obsessively. Like... every day. Even if there is nothing to shave, I'm still doing it. And in the summer you'll probably catch me rubbing my legs without even knowing it, either with my hand or my other leg.
  • I have a thing about feet. If you have gross feet- please cover them up. And by "gross feet" I mean- you make no effort to maintain them. I have to paint my toe nails, I keep my nails short. I don't like it when girls have toenails that extend past their toe. I don't care if you got your toes done or whatever- that is some jacked up shit. Your feet should not look like they can double as rock climbing gear. And when I was younger I had a fear that I'd be cursed with having my second toe being longer than my big toe. I don't know why- but that is kind of fucked up to me?
  • I was born in Florida (St. Pete, baby!), moved to Minnesota when I was 9 and to Wisconsin when I was 14. I miss being in the south so much it hurts sometimes and every time I make it down there I feel like I'm home again.
  • I have a terrible gag reflex. Matt can attest to that. And I once gagged drinking out of a straw.
  • I'd like to be in an earthquake some day. I've been in a hurricane, I've seen a tornado, been through horrible storms... but I'd like be in an earthquake just to see what it feels like to feel the Earth move like that.
  • I'm not afraid of aging at all- for the first time in my life I feel like I'm coming into my own.
  • I don't feel like I am a very good mom even though I try very hard. I don't know know that this was really my calling.
  • When I was little I wanted to be a teacher mostly so I could have a grade book and use a red pen. Then when I was in high school I wanted to be a Geologist, but my parents told me you had to be smart to do that and hey- you don't see THAT job advertised in the paper. So I went to a two year tech school and got my Associates Degree in Administrative Assistant. Which turned out to be cool because secretaries get jobs faster if you have OCD and like mindless clerical work.. which I totally do.
  • One of my favorite things to do is to go to an office supply store. Something about office supplies totally lights my fire. Give me a new pack of Sharpie or Bic Mark It pens and I will love you long time.
  • When I was really little I had a huge crush on Jordan Knight from New Kids on the Block and I thought that we were going to get married and have a baby named Tami. Who was black. Not sure how I thought that was going to happen, but it was a dream.
  • I'm afraid of trying new things and meeting new people. Or going new places.
  • I enjoy talking in front of groups and every public speaking class I've ever had I really enjoyed. I also excelled at it and got perfect scores all the way through.
Um... so I think that's all of them?? If I've missed you, I'm sorry and it isn't intentional. And since tomorrow will be kind of a long day filled with hauling kids around and cleaning... leave me with a random fact about you. :)

Don't forget- tomorrow is Dear Sara..and you have until then to enter the giveaway for a free book. Two winners are going to be announced lambies. It also looks like the majority of the questions for this week's Dear Sara are sex related so if you have some you'd like answered... send me an email at sarastrand9438(at)hotmail(dot)com.

13 comments:

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Awesome post, and grats on all the awards!

Random fact, eh? Hmm....

In High School, I was on the Varsity Football team, President of the Chess Club, and one of the leaders in Marching Band. I was robo-jock-nerd!

Somewhat related to the band nerd, I am a professional level flutist, with no flute. I haven't played in years, but I used to be a part of the local Orchestra!

Jennifer Kay said...

Dude, what more can you tell us about sex!?!? Well I guess I will find out tomorrow.

The Restaurant Manager said...

In the 1st grade I was tied to my chair by the teacher. She used orange yarn. By today's standards I would have been classified with ADHD or something like that. I also think I in todays world that would be considered child abuse by the teacher. I, however, thought it was pretty creative of her! Who needs Riddlin when you have yarn!

hurricanekerrie said...

I can't believe you want to experience an earthquake! :) As someone who used to live in the "Pacific Ring of Fire" zone where volcano eruptions and earthquakes are quite normal, I really hate earthquakes. There's nowhere to go or hide! And if you hide, you risk getting stuck in case the building you're in collapses. If it's a particularly huge earthquake, if you went outside, buildings, posts could collapse on you and the roads even open up! Seriously. :)

Rancher Mom said...

Congrats on all the awards! You do indeed rock!!
Random fact about me:
I like to read textbooks for fun. In fact, I usually prefer them over fiction.

Josie said...

Here's my link to the 'How Do You Say It?'

Oilfield Trash said...

Those were some good answers.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

The idea of anyone touching my feet makes me want to puke. Probably doesn't go good with your "feet that don't have anything done to them" fact lol.

G said...

mmmm random fact - I used to juggle fire as a street entertainer

Lost said...

*SPANK* ;)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Mindless clerical work has its benefits. Mostly as a job you can totally leave behind you at the end of they day since you are not important enough to bring work home

____j said...

Thanks for the award ;) And we would totally be friends in real life if you didn't live in the Arctic Tundra.

Dana Leigh said...

Nice facts about you. I love office supplies too!

Random facts about me: I'm a lefty and I hate clowns and spiders!