Sunday, March 27, 2011

So maybe the weekend wasn't a total bust.

I thought this weekend was going to be a bust.. but it wasn't.

I decided that since I've been a bit slack on my Etsy shop that I would get some stuff done. I have  two sets done and in there now and I have two more going up this week at some point. And I'm going to restart my 10% off coupon- all you have to do is type in "SARASBLOG" at checkout to redeem that discount. And don't forget- for every purchase you make, I'll send two greeting cards on your behalf to Operation Write Home!
OK. So that's my plug. Buying cards = feeding my kids. And cats.

I know I have mentioned it a few times but right now I have a boudoir shoot on my calendar. And while this might change, I've been constantly browsing online shops for things I might want to wear. My problem is that I have this pouch that is kind of a pain in the ass. If you go HERE you can see the Self-Esteem Saturday post I did on this and it includes pictures so you know what I'm talking about. Anyways.

So I had this $10 off coupon from Victoria's Secret for my birthday that expires at the end of this month AND they had their 7/$25 underwear sale and yeah. I can't pass up discounted underwear. I have a thing for underwear. But I did buy this in the hopes that maybe it'll work for my pouch?
After I bought that I went upstairs and realized that yeah. If I'm actually going to ever wear that I need to get even more serious about this weightloss shit. So I decided that I was going to run outside. I'll tell you how that worked out during my Monday Weightloss Check In post tomorrow.

The other highlight to this weekend was not only did I make some chocolate chip muffins on a whim, but I bought tickets to see Death Cab for Cutie in concert May 21 in Minneapolis.


That's one of my favorites from them. So since I have that to look forward to I've been listening to them quite a bit. Oh! The other cd I love a lot and oftentimes forget how much I love... is Civil Twilight. And I decided that this song is probably my favorite on the cd.

And I'm not going to lie. I think one of the reasons I started listening to them is that the lead singer *kind of* looks like Robert Pattinson from afar. :) Fortunately, the band is really good and they put on a great show. I was thinking on my walk/run today that it sounds like sex. I hear this cd and I think sex. I don't know why. Just do.
OK. So I'll be back tomorrow with our weight loss check in. Huzzah.

6 comments:

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Do you want a damn-good workout? Go play laser tag with a couple of preteen boys. I just did that for about an hour with my gf's two little brothers and WHOA am I beat!

I got my ass handed to me. The final score was over 9000 to like 800. Sad sad sad. But you know what? I burned some serious calories.

Dana Leigh said...

You are beautiful as is but do what you feel you need to do to help you feel better in life and about the shoot. I've seen boudoir pics before and you can lay on your stomach stretched all sexy and pose if that makes you feel more comfortable. I'm sure you are not the only one the photographer has encountered with body issues and I'm sure there are some photog tricks to make everyone looks their best, regardless of size. Oh, I'm going to have sex with Michael tonight while listening to Civil Twilight and think of you....err, um, wait. Ha ha. :)

Jenner said...

I realized today that if I want to lose my extra weight by Memorial Day, I'll have to start in April. THEN I checked out the calendar and saw that April is 4 days away. Crap!!

middle child said...

Um....yeah. That "outfit would definitly distract from any real or imagined 'flaw'.

Annah said...

That DCFC song is fabbbulous. Just added it to my list. I like Meet Me At The Equinox? I think that's what it's called.

Glad you had a great weekend.

prettylittlereckless said...

your new cards are super cute! and so is that thing from VS! and hell yes to discounted underwear haaha....I have a $10 off card for next month and I'm totally using it for new underwear!