Monday, March 28, 2011

Weigh In Monday.. rocking the running. And.. Angelology winners.

I know some of you have given up. And that makes me sad because god dammit- you said you were fat and were all, "OH--- I'm so fat" and we moo'd together. Or maybe it was just me that moo'd but whatever.

But guess what? I'm losing weight and seeing progress. My goal this week is to keep up my running, drink more water, and start doing lunges/squats. I have to start working on my upper thighs. (or invest in some serious cellulite cream.)

I also decided that weighing myself every week was just too much pressure. So I'm changing it up to weighing on the FIRST MONDAY OF THE MONTH. This goes for all of you too. That way you can see how you did after a month of exercise and eating better. But I'm still updating goals/challenges every week.

Ok, so I am noticing differences, like I said. Ignore my face/hair because this is my about 5 minutes after waking up and in the first stages of getting dressed:


You'll notice my ass is still a bubble but that my stomach is getting smaller. The pouch is still alive, well and huge as it always will be, but my stomach is definitely shrinking. SCORE.

And I have been very good about my exercise. This week I did my walk/run Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. And I went today. The last three days I made it further than I have before. I also didn't die. I felt like it but I didn't really die. I did dry heave, but I didn't puke so I think that's progress. I know the last .25 mile I probably had ugly face going on and close to tears but god damn it I wanted to finish my stretch that I had as a goal.

The only thing is that on Saturday I discovered why people have face masks. They are for assholes (like me) who think it's ok to run when it's in the low 20's with a 10 mph wind blowing in your face. It was so awful that my filling? In my back molar? Fucking FROZE. It still hurts and that was Saturday. I think I actually need to call the dentist about this. It's awful.

Yesterday was a bit better. It was still low 20's, but there was no wind, so it was much more manageable. Today it was 35 and you would have thought it was summer. I went without mittens (stupid for the first 30 minutes because my hands went numb) but then it was ok. The only down part is that two old people were going faster than me running. So... that kind of kills all the positive "you be rocking it, bitch" thoughts going in my head as motivation. I guess maybe another goal should be to be faster than old people. I'll work on it.

OK. So here's your pep talk, funny faces, and the winners of Angelology.

21 comments:

Josie said...

Oh my goodness, you look great! I really need to step it up.

Mooooo!

Oilfield Trash said...

I am glad to know that you are keeping up with the exercising in the cold temps.

Just think the opposite here. When it is 95 to 105 outside here, I ain't jogging anywhere except in my sleep. Kinda like how you feel when it is 20 below outside.

I walked yesterday and it was 87 outside at 6pm and I felt like my gut was going to melt away like the polar ice caps. And I was actually hoping it would happen, but alas I still have the gut.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I <3 you! I went for 2 little walks today does that count? I also figured out why my arm was hurting so bad. Stupid dog pulling the leash.

Lost.in.Idaho said...

I think you have the same camera as I do... Glad you're dropping the weight!

And grats to the winners. :)

Rancher Mom said...

Woot! Way to go on the running with no puking! & I do agree that weighing in once a month is probably better, I go up one pound and I get all weepy-eyed and shit.
Okay, now I am off to do my own fatass post :D

Aimee said...

hahaha I love your video. You are so cute and your voice is awesome!!

Great job on your running. You are looking good! I can see a difference. Thats awesome.

I am not trying to lose weight but I have been working out hard core for the last 2 weeks just to get more "fit" I then decided for some crazt reason that I was going to start training for a half marathon. I was a runner for 7 years so its not a far stretch for me to start running but it is pretty crazy to think that Im training to run in a 13.1 mile race. So we will see how that goes. Tune in to my blog to see how that goes

Anyway good job again! You're fantastic

E said...

I kind of just did the roger rabbit as I danced in excitement. I think it freaked my dogs out. Pssh, whatevs they don't know quality dancing when they see it!

Yesterday's Echo Scrapbooks said...

Hmmmm.... If you have a metal filling in there still, it could cause trouble in cold. The metal in them expands and contracts with temperature changes. I'd get it replaced if it is still the silver. :)

Kevin Michael said...

Looking great Sara! Keep it up! =)

Karls said...

Arse of steel! Nice work!

Keep on truckin'! I'm right there with you.. in spirit.

Ang said...

Sara - you're so cute!

First of all - you look GREAT, that should be reason enough to keep it up... once the results start to happen, that is when I want to work out the most!

Also, have you heard of this site called mapmyrun.com? It has some pretty neat features that may be helpful for you to keep track of. Last I knew it was free.

Lastly, How big are your boobs? LOL, I'm serious - I want so badly to be a runner, but my boobs either slap me in the face or just plain hurt like a SOB when I run - no matter how good of a sports bra I have.

Annah said...

Miss Thing?! You're looking FIERCE!

Seriously keeping it up. Okay now you're really inspiring me.

Ruth said...

You look awesome.

My sister has a pouch too, always has.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I'm lol'ing at Ang's comment. I don't run. Because of my boobs. 'Nuff said.

AmberLaShell said...

congrats on the weight loss, it's awesome that you are making progress! keep up the good work...

JUST ME said...

I *definitely* get the Ugly Face at the end of my workout. Ugly face and crazy hair.

Sigh.

Meri said...

Good for you with the exercise plan! And it only gets easier as the weather gets warmer and it's more enticing to go outside.
Cheers!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

HAS said...

Woohoo! Looking good! My stupid stomach pooch is my big issue. But Jillian Michaels has been kicking my ass for the last few weeks. Your progress is motivating!

prettylittlereckless said...

ok to be fair- I post on my fitness blog all the damn time, so I don't need any haters when I don't post on Mondays :) You are doing awesome though. And hell yes for pics. I should really do that just so someday I can be like- yeah I was fat bitches... shut up, but look at me now! haha

Danielle said...

You look fucking amazing Sara. A-Mazing!!!!!! I'm going to be starting my workout schedule as well, and I'm going to not give up this time. I'm staying with it, and you're totally my motivation. So on the first Monday I'll post my weigh-in and I'll be joining your workout schedule! Please be my long distance workout buddy! I need it! :) xoxo

kebowman said...

your blog is hilarious! i love every post! i love anyone who speaks fluent sarcasm as i do!

congratutalions of the weight loss :)
you look GREAT!