Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30/30 list... I need help.

I just realized I have not done a proper 30/30 list update since um... July.

Whoopsy pissy pants.

So you need to go here to see my last update and the list as a whole so you know what the eff I'm even talking. (I'm talking to you- folks with no memory and my new lambwhores)

The things that have not been done yet are and my plan:
  • sailboat ride: Matt and I will do this in Bayfield at some point this summer.
  • write a book: working on two!
  • snorkle: um.. I'll buy a snorkle and try in a pool or something.
  • Vegas: booked!
  • one song on piano
  • roadtrip with friends: will happen in March 2012, but maybe after my 30th. I'm going to be ok with that though because the plans are in motion.
  • 5K: happening in either August/September.
  • helicopter ride: happening in Vegas.
  • concerts: will get them done by the end of June.
  • camping: happening in August.
  • Grand Canyon: happening while on Vegas trip (hopefully)
  • Canada: ugh... I have NO idea. I still need to get a passport.
  • bikini: ew. I'm trying. It will happen by the end of summer.
  • 200 books: will be done by end of year I'm sure.
  • family tree book
  • canoeing or tubing: will go canoeing while I camp in August.
  • see the northern lights: I forgot I already saw them like 7 years ago with Matt. Whoops.
  • Wisconsin Dells: going to see the Dells with Amy in May on our Milwaukee trip for a book signing, but I'd like to take the kids this summer but honestly? Funds are going to be low after Vegas.
  • see new waterfall: happening in June!
  • sea caves in the winter: I'm going to try. We were supposed to do it in February but they never opened.
  • try skiing: December!
Um... yeah. I'm so fucking far behind it's awful. It's becoming apparent to me that there is a good chance I won't fnish this list. And a few weeks ago I asked you for some ideas on what I could add to my list as
"alternatives". And pretty much I got no ideas from you.

Folks. I'm disappointed in you.

I need you guys to help me out with FIVE alternative list items that I can do. Ideally, they should be low-cost, fun, and would provide blog fodder. Or at least kick ass pictures of me embarrassing myself. Someone suggested that I go to see a scary movie.. in a theatre. Why? Because I'm so fucking terrified of ANYTHING that would maybe be scary.
Folks- I covered my face during the 5th Harry Potter. True story. And I seriously feel bad for the person who has to go with me to document me pissing myself with fear.

Anyways. 

So your job is to think of a few good ideas. By the end of the week so I can finish my list. Get crackalackin.

13 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Ok here is 5 things....

1. go watch midget wrestling.
2. skydive.
3. milk a cow.
4. volunteer at a homeless kitchen/shelter.
5. learn spanish.

Josie said...

How about you come to Zion's National Park and see the arcs! Because they're beautiful! And because it's like 6 hours from where I live and I've never been there. I think you know where I'm going with this.....

middle child said...

O.T. came up with some great ideas. On an unrelated note-how many of you are there? Seriously! You cannot possibly be just one person. Are you an alien? Are you part of a government project involving cloning? You amaze me. I guess that's why you are the leader. I've always been a whore but I guess now I am officially a LAMBwhore. Damn!

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Go streaking. Bonus points if it's below 40 outside.

Miranda said...

1. Throw a piece of office equipment from a rooftop Office Space style

2. Participate in a Dance Dance Revolution danceoff

3. Buy a star (so it lame and who honestly can sign over ownership rights to a frickin celestial body but it's still a nice thought.)

4. Take a pole dancing class

5. Participate in a flash mob. Holla!

prettylittlereckless said...

1. kareoke your favorite song.
2. visit 5 restaurants you've wanted to try
3. add 5 new recipes into your rotation
4. go to a strip club (haha seriously I love seeing peoples reactions when I tell them I've been to one)
5. visit the sculpture garden in minneapolis (big cherry spoon place!)
6. try highlights! (have you ever done that? the hair school I go to is phenomenal! you could come here!)
7. buy an outfit you'd never normally wear, but really want to
8. take a class

and um, that's all I got? :)

prettylittlereckless said...

oooo I have a few more!

9. tell the truth for one day. Absolutely NO lies or stretching the truth or refusal of answer.
10. Say yes to anything/everything for one day.
11. Have facebook/blog decide what you're going to do for one day.

haha ok, so a lot of "one day" things, but ya never know- could be fun!

asj said...

how aaabbbout-
-bake a pie from scratch
-run a mile w/o stopping [or a 5K]
-going to some sort of sporting event
-sew something [??]
-take a ________ class [something you've always wanted to do - try and find a local free ones too]

Ang said...

First of all, you actually need to go update your original post - because there are thing you've done (or have planned) that aren't crossed off... and it'll make you feel betta :)

I'll do some thinking... in the mean time - feel good about what you have done! Most people give up on this shit - you stuck it out and actually were able to cross some things off!

Diane and Chad said...

more ideas...
donate blood
make a scrapbook for each child
do an art project just for you
write a letter to the person you most appreciate from your past

Lost said...

A 3some? Do it!

Miranda said...

Or? A FIVESOME! Then bam! You've got five things to do that you've never done before. We your lambwhores are pretty genius.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Twinkle twinkle is REALLY easy on the piano, you could plunk it out.