Saturday, April 2, 2011

...and then I knocked her out...

... and her tooth fell out!

Oh stop- no need to call Child Protective Services yo. Olivia has been on the brink of losing her first tooth for a few weeks. We've had updates on the amount of wiggling several times a day. And then yesterday enough was enough. The girl finished supper last night with the thing hanging out of her gum. Seriously. It just needed a little bit of help. When I was little I was always afraid I'd swallow one and miss out on Tooth Fairy loot, and since Olivia is so like me it's scary, I knew she'd feel the same way.

And I was wrong. After twenty minutes of coaxing her gently, then shaming her, then deciding we'd just trick her... she reluctantly let Matt "wiggle it". Well yeah, you know he barely pulled it, it came out, she's screaming as if you just ripped off an ear. Then decided that because there was no blood it was totally fine.

And like the terrible parent I am, Matt had to take the picture of her toothless grin because I, was laughing hysterically as I do during any stressful situation where my children are crying. It's not that I don't feel sympathetic to the plight of now being down a tooth, or that the pitiful smile she's giving while her eyes are still red from crying doesn't tug at me.

No. It's just that I'm forever a terrible person who can do nothing in times of crisis, stress, or sadness except laugh.

Which clearly is why I don't work with dead people. I'd get fired.
And I want to welcome my new followers- I've gotten quite a few over the last couple of days. Hello, bitches.

AND I know I didn't do a Dear Sara post last night. But you know why? Because I had ONE question homieoats. ONE. That's a big FAIL on your part, peeps! So if you want me to post on Fridays I'm going to make you work for it and you should be glad. Sending me a questions (or several) via email (sarastrand9438 at hotmail dot com) or Facebook message is much easier than whoring yourself on the corner of your 'hood. Which, depending on where you live, could be a different experience than what I'd see here.

ANYWAYS. Send questions. Now.

AND before I go... I have to properly pimp out my two favorite boys from the UK, Ben and Adam. Oh... what can be said about these boys that hasn't been said before? (And that's probably very true.. I can only IMAGINE the things they do when I'm not paying attention.) I would like you all to go to their blog, The Hardcore Effect: Reloaded and tell them I sent you. I love their dirty mouths and you will too. AND I *heard* (and this may just be a rumor) they are looking for loose women with questionable morals and low self esteem... so if any or all of that fits you--- they want to be your friend. *wink, wink* But I told them that when I get to travel overseas I expect them to show me a good time that I hopefully will remember. Or at least have pictures to look at so I can figure out how I ended up in Russia with a donkey. Because I'm sure that likelihood of that happening is high with these two in charge.

OK. So I might have some crafty shiz to show you tomorrow. We'll see. I spent five hours of my life today working on a scrapbook. Not to mention the 3 hours I spent last night working on it too. Seriously. The fact I haven't died of a blood clot from non-movement is a miracle.

11 comments:

Anna @ The Owl and The Phoenix said...

I used to beg my mom to pull my teeth out. She used a washcloth to get a hold on it. Sometimes it wouldn't budge and I'd have to wait. I was a strange kid.

Congrats to Olivia on her first lost tooth! She looks super cute with the gappy grin =)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Scrapbooking.. I used to do that! Should pull out my stuff one of these days and work on it.

Sarah said...

OMG I am gagging just thinking about my girls starting to lose their teeth. It grosses me the F*ck out!!!!! GAG.

Danielle said...

Shit. I suck - cuz I'm not gonna lie, I looked for the post last night and yet I haven't sent in a question. I'm going to work on that! :) The tooth story had me dying, and the fact that you said she screamed as if you pulled off an ear made me die! Thanks for laugh girly! :) I will participate in Dear Sara this week, especially since I love them :)

Ang said...

Poor Olivia - I remember how scared I was too EVERY TIME I had a lose tooth. Just like her, it was no big deal once it actually came out. The pic of her afterwards is so cute, but so sad with those big watery eyes!

Dana Leigh said...

And how much does the tooth fairy pay these days? I think the worst part of losing a tooth when I was younger was the "ripping" sound you can hear so well in your head when you wiggle that last part out. It still kinda grosses me out. Ok, maybe that just happened to me.

Diane and Chad said...

I think you could easily work with the dead...they don't care if you laugh at them!!

itsybitsyknitsy said...

HI!
Stopping by from lady bloggers!!! That poor girl looks terrified ahahah. So cute though, I was a little freaked out when I lost my first tooth. And good job on the scrapbooking. I tried to get into it because all the cool kids were doing it. Mine always looked terrible - so I just save all my pics on the computer now where noone can look at them.

Oilfield Trash said...

Ah the days of teeth coming out. I remember those days....

Jo-Anne Mother and Nanna said...

Your little one is losing a tooth my darling granddaughter is just getting hers. He 4th tooth came through on Saturday she is 14mnths old and only has 4 teeth.

prettylittlereckless said...

awww your baby is growing up so fast!

I think you could work with the dead. I mean, if you're laughing, it's not like they're listening. haha.