Monday, April 25, 2011

Fickle Fattie.. Weightloss Check In

I am seriously sluggish and feel like embracing the inner whale of a fat girl that so desperately wants to be free.

Some days, I feel like working my ass off is getting me nowhere and frankly? I saw an article about liposuction and something kind of like liposuction but it's non surgical and it's like vibrating do da's zapping your fat. And I seriously feel like that'd be the way to go.

If I were rich.

Anyways. So despite my wanting to be more productive, exercise wise, this week.... I have yet again failed you. No bueno. I have been doing random stuff when I had time, but let's be honest. It was far and few between.

I'm also sucking ass at my diet. I ate out a lot, I munched on everything I could get my hands on and yeah. I sucked.

BUT this weekend I really could feel how two weeks of slacker ways add up. Not only did I feel like a fat ass, the clothes that were looking good a month ago.... not so much. I could be doing better and I need to be. So last night I found some exercises I can do without equipment, and did my stairstepper. Tonight I went for a walk/run for 30 minutes and my legs are hurting for sure.

So I'm trying. Next week is the first Monday of the month so that means it's our for sure WEIGH IN (yes, even you fattie non-posters! You need to weigh in too) and I will try to get some pictures up for you too. As terrifying as that is since hey- I've been a slacker.

And so a few weeks ago I mentioned was going to start implementing vitamins into my diet because I eat like shit. I've been told by a few people that Vitamin D is awesome for all kinds of things but a side benefit is that some people experience weight loss.

So.. I started with Vitamin D. I'm only taking like 800 IU's or whatever the measurement is (each pill is 400, and I take two) daily and have been for two weeks. And let me tell you- I'm FUCKING EXHAUSTED. I have been so tired that I can barely function some days and have been for the last two weeks. It wasn't until I realized that the only thing that's changed is the Vitamin D did I start thinking that vitamins are killing me. Maybe I'm just so malnourished that any kind of progress towards being healthier is such a shock. I seriously can't tell you how awful I feel. I also am pretty sure that once again, I'm borderline anemic so I think I have to start iron supplements again. Fortunately, I'm one of the rare people who have no pooping problems with copious amounts of iron.

Because I'm sure you care about that.

But yeah. I think vitamins are killing me. I'm going to start prenatal pills again on payday because those made me feel super energetic. But then again I'm sure I would feel that way once I was knocked up and sluggish. So who knows. But it's worth a try.

17 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

You have been partying like a rock star lately with all of those concerts and birthday parties, what did you expect? lol

Just get back into the routine and suck it up.

prettylittlereckless said...

I read this while eating a slice of pizza. Clearly I'm not doing well either. Tomorrow is back to the grind though. Seriously. I have a mtg at 8am, then I'm hitting the elliptical after that. And I'll be back to my MC Diet regiment. (ugh.)

Zoƫ said...

Well in terms of your TMI, I'm quite jealous, I'm a ton of iron supplements myself and my system is not very happy about it!

Kattrina said...

Hey Sara - keep up the good work! Everyone has a few setbacks every once in a while. I just signed up to run a marathon and am terrified. I've only run four miles and now I have to get to 26 in five months. I actually had a request regarding this marathon. I'm doing Team In Training and wanted to see if there was any way you could make some Team In Training thank you cards with your crafty skills. Something simple that was maybe purple, white, and greet and had the logo on it or something. Is this illegal? To copy the logo? Is that something you could do? I'd definitely pay you for the cards/supplies but I am so crafty-challenged that people would ask for their money back if they received a thank-you card that I made. Let me know what you think!

Danielle said...

I'm taking Women's One a Day "Metabolism" and I love it!!!!!! You should try it, makes me feel energetic and it doesn't make me sick to my stomach. I definitely take it with a meal though! Plus they aren't expensive, and I found mine on sale, and supposedly my mom said she always sees coupons for Women's One A Day! :)

You'll do better this week, sometimes I think you need those "cheat" points to make yourself realize that you actually are making progress. Sometimes your body gets used to the same exercise so when you start something new or rotate your exercise routines you might find it easier to see progress more steady!

Shirley said...

I think you are doing pretty great. But seriously I better get my ass in gear if I have to post pictures! Because Easter weekend was the death of my diet.

Jenner said...

You sound like me. :) I just joined sparkpeople.com in attempts to actually hold myself accountable for what I am doing and not doing to lose weight and it's a pretty amazing site. Good luck!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I seriously almost died taking vitamins. I choked on one of those big every day ones. Thought for sure I was a gonner!

Jen said...

Hon, I'll say it again- vitamin D can be toxic! Read up girl! Sounds like a normal multi-vitamin would benefit you- and protein!! Protein shakes will give you LOTS of energy- you have a lot more muscle mass now you exercise, and it wants protein!

Best thing for anti ageing? As a 38 yr old who can't wait for 40, there are only a few things that really work. Drink 2 Litres of water, or more, every day (8 glasses). Moisturise a lot. Sunscreen every single day. Try really hard for 8 hours sleep a night. Have a lot of sex. Worry less.
You're doing SO well, and you look younger in photos now than you did a year ago, to my eyes. Don't give up!!

Ang said...

So have you stopped taking vitD? I've always heard that to feel the 'happy' effect of D, it needs to be absorbed through your eyes (hence the 'happy lights' and why us Northerns are sad in the winter, lack of D) - anyhow... keep us posted because if it does work... I'd add another pill to my routine.

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Rockstars and cocaine. The weight will just melt off.

Trust me. :D

E said...

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? You might be in the normal range and not need to take a supplement or they could be so low (mine always are) that you need to get a prescription jump start and then do maintenance. Also, Jen is right, vitamin D can be toxic, so it might be best to have your levels checked, just so you know where you stand.

And if you are taking a calcium supplement, they often have vitamin D included as well (it helps with absorption, so just be aware of how much you're taking.

Eileen said...

I used to be so active before I moved out here. I took a walk around the block and that took it out of me! That said it was hot, the end of the day and I was wearing shitty shoes. Sigh...I'm fat.

Eileen said...

p.s. I love the prenatals. They are apparently great for hair/nails and on top of that, they never give me stomachaches! Once a days give me awful stomachaches.

Jen @ Dear Mommy Brain said...

You would be having to take a LOT of vitamin D to have toxic levels. Like handfuls of pills a day. Living in a colder climate, it's important to have enough in your system since you are indoors more, however, nothing replaces getting a little sun. Without sunscreen. I highly doubt the fatigue is related to the supplements, but switching to a multivitamin may not be a bad thing.

FinnyKnits said...

Is it wrong that I'm glad you're taking Vitamin D (and maybe considering OTHER supplements) even if you think they're killing you? Because I am. Proud of you that is. It's good for you. Promise. Plus, you can tell people you have VD. That's fun.

Brittany said...

I hope you're taking vitamin D3. Anything else is really a waste. Take that and Magnesium Malate. Most people are deficient in both and that causes a lot of problems. I started both a few weeks ago since I'm super deficient and I'm starting to feel better.
..Also I suggest waist-training with steel-boned corsets. xD They really are comfortable, I swear!