Sunday, April 3, 2011

Handmade with a Purpose

I have always been a person who donates to several organizations when I had money to spare and I'm definitely somebody who likes to spread happiness and give back every chance I get.

And I'm a big believer in hand written notes, which is why my Etsy shop exists.

The other day I stumbled across the blog Handmade with a Purpose and I was blown away by how so many talented people have come together to support so many different organizations. About a month ago I told you all that I was going to be doing something with my shop that I felt that I should do in order to give back and support troops at the same time.

I am going to donate two cards for every purchase in my Etsy shop to Operation Write Home. The mission of Operation Write Home is simple but makes a big difference:

Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.




And to make this an even sweeter deal for you (as if knowing your purchase means a donation on your behalf isn't enough)... I'm offering 10% off on your ENTIRE ORDER in my Etsy shop by using the code "SARASBLOG".
 
 
And I highly encourage you to go to the Handmade with a Purpose blog, look through the shops participating and support their efforts as well. I am a big believer that it's all of the small donations and efforts that lead to a bigger reward for so many. This is a great change to give back and stock up on birthday presents, folks! And Mother's Day is coming up... get your mom something awesome unlike the Dirt Devil you got her last year that didn't go over so well. :)

5 comments:

Jo-Anne Mother and Nanna said...

I will go over and check it out thanks for the recomandation

Yesterday's Echo Scrapbooks said...

OWH is such a cool organization. :) I think people sometimes have a hard time with supporting the troops vs the politics that are taking them wherever they are, but it's sooo important to remember they're our neighbors and friends. They need the support!

Claire Castagnera said...

I found you on 20SB - hi :)

Handmade with a Purpose is such a good cause! Good for you for doing something so selfless!

-Claire
http://inchairblog.blogspot.com/

prettylittlereckless said...

You definitely had the cutest stuff out of all those shops :) I kinda want to get in on this Etsy craze and make cards tooooo.... We might have to go to a crafty store while we're in MKE ;)

Fred said...

What a great idea! I'll definitely keep an eye on your Etsy store.