Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Idiots on Ice. Oh and Jackson is 3.

I don't know what it is about ice that turns people to stupid. I don't. I know for a fact that a few weeks ago I posted about my neighbor "ice skating" in the yard while he waited for someone to obviously let him into the ice. He skated for hours, wearing no skates. Just his boots. Because he's cool like that.

Well the punk kids in my hood are at it now too. Because despite the fact nobody has snow or ice in their yard, this freak yard has ice. I'm sure it has something to do with it being a rather shady yard but whatever. There is still ice and I am forever armed with a camera now.

First up, we have idiot on bike. Now I have some experience with bikes and even I know that dry land can be tricky. Never ever would I try "tricks" or whatever on ice. But this kid was really showing off for his friends for awhile.
 Oh, and my rouse for not being blatantly obvious while taking pictures was making my kids play chalk on the sidewalk.
 But if you look closely, two other kids joined in. And one totally wiped out and hit his head pretty hard. A normal person would make sure the kid is ok, but I started laughing and telling Matt what a bunch of fuckheads this kids were.
 The NEXT day, there are two smaller boys like running and sliding across the ice. First up, it was like 34 degrees that day. Second off, these kids are not properly dressed. Come on parents--- just because the sun is shining doesn't mean it's summer.
Yeah. These boys went at it for a good hour and they both landed, hard, on the ice. One kid went home crying, much to his own humiliation. Mostly because his friend was totally laughing (as I was in my dining room watching).

I mean, yay for not vandalizing the 'hood but come on. Play some video games or something. ;)

ALSO, on Monday my baby Jackson turned three. He's going to be mommy's boy forever.

Our tradition is that whoever's birthday it is gets to pick what we have for dinner and we make a big deal out of it. Jackson wanted hotdogs and macaroni (barf) with apple juice. So here he is being so freaking adorable.

But yeah. It feels weird with him being three, and me knowing he's my last baby. Go HERE to see me ubber preggers with him. (Or if you want to hear how a person can turn labor and delivery into a joke.) We're having his birthday party on Saturday and it's dinosaur themed because he picked it. So yeah. Awesomesauce.

I also always play the "and this time 3 years ago I was.." and I tell them all about their birth for the entire day. As the years go by I'll make the story more graphic and terrifying hoping that that will prevent teen pregnancy. Time shall tell on that. But yes. Jack is three. He was my easy baby, he's still my absolute cuddle bug, he's sensitive, he's thoughtful, he's smart, he's all boy, and he's mischievous. *sigh*

OK. So if you want a Dear Sara post on Friday I need more questions. Email them to me at sarastrand9438 at hotmail dot com or message me on Facebook. :)

11 comments:

Heather said...

Haha! Little punks. Sometimes I laugh at the skater punks in my neighborhood when they wipe out. Evil? Perhaps. But they annoy me.

Lost.in.Idaho said...

Hey, look! Ice! We haven't been using our HMO plan a lot lately... let's go fix that.

Too bad you weren't able to get some video on that ish.

Happy b-day Jackson!

Oilfield Trash said...

Happy Birthday to the young man.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

You're so funny! The moms were probably so happy to get the kids out of the house they didn't care what they were wearing.

Not speaking from experience on that one or anything.

Ang said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Jackson!

Ashley said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I am tweeting about the Handmade With Purpose posts for Lindsay as she's traveling. Just tweeted bout your blog's donation. Thanks so much!

I'm @SewSoDef on Twitter. :)

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson! :) He looks so friggen adorable in that picture at the table! Love your theory on making their birthday story more graphic and disgusting to gear them away from teen pregnancy! haha! :)

prettylittlereckless said...

haha ohhhh that house with the icy yard......gotta love the 'smart' ones who dare brave it. :)

Jackson is totally adorable with his hotdog and macncheese :)

Ruth said...

That's what we do at my house on birthdays too. Whatever they want for dinner gets made.
It looks like Jackson is enjoying his.
Kids can be so stupid. Of course my daughter would go outside with no coat at 20 degrees if I didn't make her wear one. And she pouts.

welcome to me

yummy stuff

ixy said...

OMG that is hilarious! I don't understand the bike riding on ice - how would anyone even come up with such an obviously foolish idea?

ixy said...

Hey - I've given you an award - stop by if you want it!